weight watchers head on

Options
I feel like i cant get weight watchers out of my head, anybody here a former weight watcher? If so how do you get out of the routine?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't. I never have. I did WW in 2001 and off and on since. I think that they have a great program that really does work.... HOWEVER paying some stranger to weigh me in every week was not working for me:wink: I still use many of the tools that WW taught me, some I have tossed out the window! You will find your way... maybe a little WW, maybe a splash of something else, but there will be a whole lot of YOUR way to add to the mix too! Good luck to you on YOUR plan... whatever that may end up being:flowerforyou:
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    :smile: I joined WW in Jan. 2011 and went faithfully to all the meetings every week. Then I noticed, at the beginning of this year, they just recycled all their topics from previous meetings, and I got super bored with that.

Also, i don't like that all they focus on is the number on the scale to determine whether you're successful or not. They didn't have helpful advice during times of plateaus, and they frequently spit out nonsense such as "muscle weighs more than fat." Um no, it doesn't.

I witnessed a lot of people become lifetime members by reaching their goal weight. But honestly, I don't think I saw a single one who actually looked FIT. Plus, I got lots more useful info here, and MFPers are nicer than the people on the WW boards. I also found it tiresome that at every meeting they were trying to sell another WW product--a product ususally filled with tons of sodium and/or artificial sweetener, and for a much higher price than similar items you can find at Target.

As for the technology, MFP's database smokes Weight Watchers' database. WW doesn't even have all of their OWN products in their database, yet MFP does.

I'm very grateful to WW for giving me the building blocks and for the weight I lost, but I don't regret cancelling my membership. I'll put that extra $40 a month towards much-needed gas money!

ETA: I wanted to add that I find it much easier to just track calories instead of points, and having to calculate points. Totalling up cals is just so straightforward.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am a WW and have been for many years......It is not the program it used to be....And no amount of singing on the tv will make it so...
    I used to use the menues...Gone now....They give you a list.....They give you recipes...sometimes forgetting to change them...For portion control, they are still pretty good....Most of the food are generic....They cut off restaurants a while back......Vent over!
  • trudyamanda
    trudyamanda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers before and became a gold member, It is hard to get out of the mindset but you do eventually get out of it
  • Scarlettbird50
    Scarlettbird50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do WW pro points calculations with mfp and its annoying. I think I am going to give up on the ww and just count calories. Reading this thread has made me kiss WW goodbye...thanks all ...in replying to this I was able to make up my mind.