Graphic artists and designers wanted.

Options
No I'm not advertising for jobs, this is actually related to health and weight loss.

I'm building a site that will parallel this one, it doesn't do the same thing as this site, it's actually complementary to this one, and I've already offered the finished product (when ever that happens) to Mike as an add in if he wants it. And of course, there would be no charge for people to use it.

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting this, while I'm very good with building and nuturing a website and making it do great stuff behind the scenes, I have absolutely, positively, no skills at making a site look pretty. So there's the rub. I can make a kick *kitten* site, but it'll look like a 5 year old built it.

So, I need someone who is either studying to be, or is, a graphic designer, or web designer. I can't pay you anything, but I can put you in the credits as a partial designer of the site <slash> partner. Eventually, I'd like to put advertisers on the site (like MFP) to pay for the site, but it would ALWAYS be free to use. If you are interested, please PM me, I'd be glad to talk more with you about it. I doubt it would take much time, probably 6 or 8 work hours to build the template and hand it off to me, once it's built, I'd fill in the rest with my php and javascript stuff.

Replies

• staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That sounds cool! I'm not a graphic designer, but I wish I were. I'd love to help out! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't want to get into the site functionality, as I want it to be a surprise. And Jeannie, don't you say anything! :tongue:

I will eventually need some beta testers though, to catch bugs. But that's not for another month or so (depending on how fast I make it work.).

Suffice to say, it will be exercise and total body health focused, and basically be something that helps you better analyze your overall fitness level. Something that is sorely missing on the web. Trust me, it'll be very cool (if I can ever get it to look good!).
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    What did you use to build it?
    Most decent CMS apps (Drupal, Joomla, ASP.net, etc) have some decent free templates and then it's just a matter of modifying the CSS code a little and make a few graphics.

I have OK graphic design skills, and I'd be willing to help if you dont get any other options. I've done a few sites.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    WIMPing it right now. I didn't feel like setting up a full LAMP setup.
    (WIMP is Windows, IIS, Mysql, PHP for those who don't know, and LAMP is LINUX, Apache, Mysql, and PHP)

I can always build one after if I feel like hosting it myself, but I'll probably just push it off to a
    3rd party hosting provider so I don't have to worry about patching and all that crap, I host enough junk at work, I don't feel like doing it in my spare time.:tongue:

Oh, yeah, there are tons of templates I could use, but they are generally pretty generic, and don't really lend themselves to a custom app site. To really make it special, you gotta go outside the box with this stuff. If I'm gonna be generic, I'll go full boat, you know, 2 tone blue and tan, left-center-top design with a footer :ohwell:

what I really want is something that looks GREAT and is really exceptional with the functionality, I think I have the functionality already, now I just need the design.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    still looking for others, anyone out there interested? Or know someone who needs a resume building experience?