Intro

Options
Hey, I wanted to introduce myself. I signed up a couple of weeks ago, but haven't done much. I am a SAHM for three kids, my youngest has some special needs and can be very challenging to parent at times. I really need to lose this weight, I see my kids growing up and there's so much I want to do with them. I would like to lose at least 100 pounds.

Food has been my friend, when my friends left, when I wasn't good enough for family, when I wasn't sure I was a good enough mom, wife or person. Food has always been there for me. I am not exactly sure how to put it in it's place now! I am trying though and encouragement would be great. I see that 100lbs and just think it's not doable. My dh lost 60lbs last year, my dad lost over 80 so I know it can be done... I am working on finding it inside of me to do it!

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hey, how about targeting that first 20, and then the next 20, etc.

Learning self love, that's harder and an issue many of us deal with on a day to day basis.

And food will always be in your life, but instead of a crutch it can start to become a workout buddy =), instead of chips reach for strawberries, instead of cake, reach for sugar free jello and low fat whip.

Cause you can do this. Coming here is a start.

Welcome!!!
  • justfiveofus
    Options
    I know in my head I can do this because I lost 35lbs in 3 months between my boys. I don't know why I can't seem to pull it together now though!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Think in small steps. Looking at the overall picture can be very daunting. Start with adding more water, cutting out a food, changing one bad habit, etc. It you do it in small steps, they will start to add up to bigger ones.
    Feel free to add me for more support! Good Luck! You CAN do this!