Bacon

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
I must admit, I don't much care for turkey bacon, but love real bacon. Ever since I've been trying to live healthier, I've been on a mission to find a bacon substitute that is both low in calories and doesn't compromise taste. I've tried everything, different brands, leaner cuts of ham, different cuts of meat, literally everything... and finally I stumbled upon this delight:

Lilydale Daystarters - Bacon Flavoured Cooked Turkey Slices (Turkey Bacon),

1 slice (very large pieces, about twice the width of an average piece of bacon) is only 25 calories.

This does not have the processed bologna feel that regular turkey bacon has, this is real meat! I urge you all to try, you won't be disappointed. I may even like this better than real bacon now!

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I never enjoyed turkey bacon much either.

Last time we were shopping I found Chicken bacon.

I enjoyed that very much.
  • nueta1922
    nueta1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    did you know that turkey bacon has much more sodium and calories than oscar meyer center cut bacon? It also has much less fat than regular bacon.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I eat regular bacon that is preservative and chemical free................

I am more worried about chemicals, preservatives and such in my food than I am about fat and calories.........

As a matter of fact, I don't count calories and I eat a very high fat diet.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    did you know that turkey bacon has much more sodium and calories than oscar meyer center cut bacon? It also has much less fat than regular bacon.

I do know that, and have posted many times about that, however... if you read my post you will see this is not regular turkey bacon, its REAL meat. Please read the whole post before you reply.
  • jdelisle
    Options

I do know that, and have posted many times about that, however... if you read my post you will see this is not regular turkey bacon, its REAL meat. Please read the whole post before you reply.

In fact, if you google the difference between lilydale turkey bacon and oscar meyer centre cut bacon, gram for gram (you have to go by weight not slices because the turkey bacon slices are much larger), lilydale is lower in sodium, calories, fat and cholesterol, though they are pretty close.