I am a RUNNER!

Options

Replies

• bitterfusion
    bitterfusion Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is a great story :) I'm currently on week 4 and would like one day to enter myself into a marathon. Loving hearing about people who've achieved it. Keep up the great work :D
  • Elizabeth0913
    Options
    Great success story, funny that I just started looking into that program today!
  • LeisureRunner
    LeisureRunner Posts: 185
    Options
    Loved reading your story. Congrats! :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    OK, I think you are my new hero... lol.... I'm trying to do the exact same thing... i quit smoking a few weeks ago along with the diet... I have about 100 lbs to lose but just started the C25K on Saturday... today will be day Week one day 2... I'm really glad to see that you did it!! :) thanks!

You can do it! Just stick to it and don't give up! When your legs are screaming and you're mind is telling you that it's okay to stop and walk for a minute, just push to the end! That's when you know it's working :)
  • bussaca
    bussaca Posts: 22
    Options
    I can't run that fast even for a 5k - that is amazing - great job!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    congrats! I run my first half marathon on June 2nd.

You'll be AWESOME! Best of luck! :D
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and great story!
  • RyanMom123
    RyanMom123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I started yesterday with getting in shape and trying to figure out what works for me. The fact that you admit week one takes more then just a week.. makes me feel less intimidated! I'm starting off with few weeks of walking and then want to ease in to C25K! Thanks again and keep up the great work!
  • jennifernewman1
    Options
    What a fantastic story, way to go!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Great success story, funny that I just started looking into that program today!

I -highly- recommend it :) As long as you don't give up you will never fail!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congrats on your first 1/2 marathon and what a GREAT time! I hope that's what I accomplish! Your story re-ignited my excitement for my first 1/2 in June!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I can't run that fast even for a 5k - that is amazing - great job!!!

Not yet but someday you will! I started out at almost a 12 minute mile! Training training training - oh, and of course, race day adrenaline, haha!
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I too have asthma. Up until about 2-3 weeks ago, I used it as my excuse not to run. Let's just say pictures tell everything. After I took a pic of myself, I realized how big I've gotten and now I'm determined. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm just starting (walk 1 minute, jog 2 minutes). Keep your fingers crossed, I'm on my way to be where you are!
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    Very inspirinng(:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I started yesterday with getting in shape and trying to figure out what works for me. The fact that you admit week one takes more then just a week.. makes me feel less intimidated! I'm starting off with few weeks of walking and then want to ease in to C25K! Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Yes! You have to find what works for you! Some people can finish the program in a month, some take five times as long! It's just a matter of finding what works for you and sticking to it!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I did the San Diego half in March. I did ok (I'm sure I'd have done better if I trained for it for more than 2 months). I know what you mean about the half being the limit. It was exhausting. Just the thought of doing a full marathon makes me tired. lol
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I too have asthma. Up until about 2-3 weeks ago, I used it as my excuse not to run. Let's just say pictures tell everything. After I took a pic of myself, I realized how big I've gotten and now I'm determined. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm just starting (walk 1 minute, jog 2 minutes). Keep your fingers crossed, I'm on my way to be where you are!

You can do it! Your start is exactly where mine was ;)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Finally I feel like I have a real success story!

Last year I quit smoking and started C25K. For years I believed I could never be a runner because of my exercise induced asthma. I clung to that excuse hard because... I wasn't ready. Then I saw a picture of myself and decided enough was enough - I can at least try. It took me a while to finish C25K. I spent almost a full month on one "week" working my way through it. Finally I did it!

After that I started doing some runs with a co worker and she said "Hey! Let's train for the Safari Park Half Marathon!" I had no idea what to say, I was terrified! But I agreed and after tons of research we started our training in December. It has been HARD. There has been pain, blisters, injuries, realizing the need for GOOD SHOES and how expensive they are! I've been emotionally through the wringer and come over better for it. I spent one long run puking for two miles before I finally had to stop.

Yesterday I successfully ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 21 minutes. My average pace was 10:48 minute mile. It was amazing. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I will definitely do it again.

Never give up! We are limited only by what we choose for ourselves!

Congrats and my story is somewhat similar except my excuse was just, I can't run.

Ran my first 5k this weekend and planning one a month until I get to September where I plan to raise the stakes to a 10k, maybe next year I will make it 13.1, I want to soo badly!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    That's awesome! I did the San Diego half in March. I did ok (I'm sure I'd have done better if I trained for it for more than 2 months). I know what you mean about the half being the limit. It was exhausting. Just the thought of doing a full marathon makes me tired. lol

Haha, yeah, I like having time to chill out and read a book sometimes! I like enjoying running versus having to die through every weekend ;)
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love reading posts about running. I'm currently doing c25k on week 7 and struggling with the 25 minute runs but reading ur success story is so motivating me to keep going. Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!