HUGE NSVs this past week!

Options
sufikitkat
sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
I couldn't wait to share these NSVs with all of MFP!!

1) I have been using MFP for over a year, almost a full year consistently. I have reached my goal and now that I am living my dream of marathon running and having real muscle/strength, Maintenance is the key to fuel my body! Logging food recently was becoming more of a negative experience than a positive one and I was beginning to feel guilty for what I ate despite the fact that I needed to eat more to fuel my body for the training I put in week in and week out. I decided to stop logging for one week to see what happened and my anxiety over weight loss/food is pretty much gone! I am able to focus on other aspects of my life as eating the right things and enough of those right things has become a LIFESTYLE for me. I am also still the same weight, and recent measurements showed another 2% body fat loss! So I can proudly say I am not only maintaining my goal weight/strength level, but also the healthy lifestyle!

2) I ran my third half marathon this past weekend and my goal was to break 2 hours, I didn't care if it was 1:59:59 I just wanted out of the 2's! I finished in 1:53:41, 8:41 average pace!! A 10 minute PR from my February Half and that was my 5K race pace just at the end of last summer. Not only have I come so far in that particular distance, but I also did not feel like I was racing until mile 12! I feel so ready for my marathon now.

3) When I ran my first half marathon in September 2011, I could barely move for three days after. This time around, I ran a 5 mile recovery run the very next day AND also played two games of softball the night of. My body is capable of so much more than I ever credited it for!

So there are my 3 big ones this past week!

What are YOUR NSV's this week??

Replies

• teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration. Does the 30Day Shred getting more manageable count as an NSV?
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    absolutely!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!