Weigh-in

Options
How often do you weigh in? Do you get on the scale in between weighs?

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't have scheduled weigh ins. Maybe if I were part of a support group I would. I just weigh myself every morning and record it in MFP when I hit a new low.
  • Infiltrator5732
    Options
    No more than once a week (I think even that is too often). There are so many factors that will affect our daily weight and losing it is a slow process. I find to weigh too often gets distracting and it helps while the reading is good and is demoralising and sends me to the cookie jar when it is bad, so I have a ritual of weighing the same clothes, on the same day at the same time to get an "accurate trend".

Hope that helps.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself daily, but only log when it goes down. I don't mind seeing the fluctuations. I decided to not get on the scale, though, for the month of May because I was getting frustrated with a plateau. So really, what can you handle emotionally? If seeing the daily fluctuations will discourage you, then stick to 1 every week or two. But take measurements monthly, too! That can help you to see change in your body, even when the scale is being stubborn.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only record it on Mondays... as that is consistently my highest day every week. If it hasn't gone down (or God forbid) has gone up- I don't record it on MFP.
  • nekochanpurr
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after i potty and before i eat. :) If my weight stays at one number for a week i change it on mfp.
  • carld256
    Options
    Also, I've noticed, and I'm assuming it's the same for others, that once I hit a new low my weight will bobble back up a pound or two for a few days or a week before dropping again. I really don't obsess over what the number is each day, but I still like to know.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    once a week, for a group I'm in...otherwise I would only be using a measuring tape.
    Much more accurate because the scale lies...:wink:
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I must admit I weigh daily. I find it fascinating to watch the weight bounce back and forth before finally remaining down with each pound's weight loss. I've been doing this all along, and I find I don't get unduly discouraged if the number is up a bit one day, nor do I get overconfident if it seems to be falling steadily. It works for me, but I know there are a lot of people here who say it does not.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I weigh once or twice a week. I only record it once a week. Haven't done measurements yet.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Since starting this time around, I weigh once a week, mainly to ensure that what I am doing is working. Today its been two weeks since I've turned over this new leaf and tomorrow I see if its made any difference. I feel that it has but numbers don't lie. :noway:
  • carld256
    Options
    You folks who only weigh once a week, two weeks, or a month have way more will power than me. :happy:
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself daily, but only log when it goes down. I don't mind seeing the fluctuations. I decided to not get on the scale, though, for the month of May because I was getting frustrated with a plateau. So really, what can you handle emotionally? If seeing the daily fluctuations will discourage you, then stick to 1 every week or two. But take measurements monthly, too! That can help you to see change in your body, even when the scale is being stubborn.

I can completely agree. Weighing daily kind of keeps me motivated. I know there will be fluctuations but it keeps me motivated when I see the number in the morning even if it's high, low, or the same to make TODAY count. So, to each his own. Whatever works for you as an individual. I need to start measuring myself as well, thanks for the tip. And congrats on your success! Keep it up!!!
  • Breezelightly
    Breezelightly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I weigh in every morning...I am excited to see the scale move down. I will only record it when it moves down...I love this site:-)

:laugh:
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't have scheduled weigh ins. Maybe if I were part of a support group I would. I just weigh myself every morning and record it in MFP when I hit a new low.

^^This^^