Thread Killer has a question!

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
It's coming into winter in Australia, and i'm just struggling with the cold / hunger thing.

Tell me what you snack on when you want to feel a bit fuller and warmer without killing the calories.

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Soup! I've been having Pumpkin and Sweet Potato soup for breakky... It's so warming and full of veg. Next week I'll be cooking up a big batch of chicken and vegetable and having that.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I second the soup. I did that all winter. Made my own because soup from the can is not good for you with all the sodium. I had beef or chicken and veggie or chili almost every day. It is so easy and cheap to make a big pot and then enjoy the leftovers for the week.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Hot tea is great, especially if you don't take it with sugar (or use artificial instead). Zero calories for a warm, happy tummy.

I've also experimented microwaving apples before... not sure how effective that is, really, but it's an idea! Progresso makes some pretty good healthy soups, you just have to moderate those because they can be high in sodium.

Oh, and oatmeal. How could I forget that? Warm oatmeal... there's nothing like it.
  • ChrisK7265
    ChrisK7265 Posts: 21
    Options
    Soup! I've been having Pumpkin and Sweet Potato soup for breakky... It's so warming and full of veg. Next week I'll be cooking up a big batch of chicken and vegetable and having that.

Sounds yummy! Recipes, please?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is very warm and comforting while being very low calorie.
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    Definitely oatmeal. The real stuff, not the sugary crap in the packets.

I cook mine with vanilla soy milk and chopped dates, strawberries, apples or peaches to add sweetness. Yum!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    It's coming into winter in Australia, and i'm just struggling with the cold / hunger thing.

Tell me what you snack on when you want to feel a bit fuller and warmer without killing the calories.

heinz minestrone soup. 1 can = 120 calories..full of veggies...but high in sodium,too :-(