17 Day Diet

Options
My friend and I are about to attempt the 17 day diet. Any of you out there give this a try? How were your results?

Looking for any suggestions before beginning this adventure.:drinker:

Replies

• nancylovesjimmy
    nancylovesjimmy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 17 Day Diet on Monday!!!
    91093 Posts: 5
    Options
    I lost over 60 pounds with the 17 days diet and did not do much exercise
    did not drink warm water
    BUT I DID stick to it and followed the first cycle word for word
    EXCEPT I did drink one cup a coffee a day with fat free creamer
    the diet had AMAZING results
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've never done this diet but a friend of mine did last year. She didn't read the directions correctly anout eating second helpings of chicken, etc, when you are still hungry so she was only eating about 900 calories a day, even with exercise. She lost 6lbs the first week but it kind of stalled after that and she felt dizzy and lightheaded sometimes. So, just be careful to eat enough. She stopped after about two or three weeks and hasn't been back to it. On the plus side, the power cookies are really yummy!
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of dabbling with this myself just to get a jump start - do any stores sell the book? I don't want to wait for it if I order it online - would like to start it next week if I can.
  • marlea73
    marlea73 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started yesterday. I requested the book from the library. I'm going to pick it up today.
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it to my Kindle :)
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I started today and downloaded it to my Kindle. Im impatient and wanted to start asap. Im also going to purchase the hardcopy as well.
  • samikingsley
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet?
  • tbelldiv
    tbelldiv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting too! Love the sign on the fridge LOL Good luck.
  • mandmracn
    mandmracn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the 17 Day Diet for 12 days and have lost 10 lbs. I think it is great and it works..The recipes are great to:happy: .
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That's actually what lead me here. I'm pre-diabetic and started it to manage that. It was wonderful for teaching me a better way to eat. My carb cravings died. I can't thank Dr.Moreno enough for that. How I got here....I was about to crash from how restrictive it was. I had no clue why I felt so horrible. I read that my calories may have been too low, found this site to track them and realized I was eating about 600 cals a day. So, I think it's great on one hand, dangerous on the other. Just use MFP to track cals. You're allowed unlimited lean protein...eat it! Get as many cals as you can within the parameters of phase one and you should do fine.
  • nancylovesjimmy
    nancylovesjimmy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was rough...I'm not gonna lie! Lol. All I could think about was carbs! The thing with me is that I love to workout...I love cardio...but my diet is what is keeping me from losing weight...so I decided to try this! 2 pounds overnight...I will take that...even if it is just water weight! Lol. Something has to give...I am at a plateau!!! I have 16 pounds to go yet!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i just read up on this diet and wanted to know in the first cycle is it simply just lean meat fruit before 2pm and the vegetables mentioned i keep getting confused! can you have milk iin your coffee? and if you can eat unlimited meats won't you go over calories? its all really confusing!! id appreciate the help.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    i just read up on this diet and wanted to know in the first cycle is it simply just lean meat fruit before 2pm and the vegetables mentioned i keep getting confused! can you have milk iin your coffee? and if you can eat unlimited meats won't you go over calories? its all really confusing!! id appreciate the help.

There's no calorie counting in Phase One. In my opinion, there should be. 600-800 cals a day is not okay if you're not supervised by a doctor. There was no way...NO WAY...I could have gone over calories eating phase one. The foods are limited but you get so stuffed from what you can eat. It's unlimited lean protein( the ones allowed) unlimited veggies (the ones allowed) and 2 servings of low glycemic fruits (only a few allowed and you have to eat these before 2 pm). I know yogurt is allowed, plain, but I don't remember about milk. I don't think so. The system itself is simple and effective....if you complete every phase. However, unless you're in serious medical need of dropping weight ASAP there are far less extreme ways of doing it. For someone interested in The 17 Day Diet who isn't in a medical crisis, I would highly recommend skipping Phase One entirely and starting at Phase 2. Much more realistic!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It's a diet broken up into 3 17 day cycles. It is a book written by Dr. MIKE MORENO. I have been doin the diet for 5 days and lost 3lbs. I like the diet. It is restrictive and not for everyone.
  • camperchick64
    camperchick64 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting this - any one having good results and any suggestions? I've read that some people have not followed it strictly - what have you changed but still makes the diet work?
  • neiceemary
    neiceemary Posts: 20
    Options
    I tried this diet a little over a year ago. Barely lasted a week, I was so hungry and felt light headed. I may not have followed it properly though but don't think I'd try again
  • Jennifer23
    Jennifer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet a little over a year ago. Barely lasted a week, I was so hungry and felt light headed. I may not have followed it properly though but don't think I'd try again

You shouldn't ever be hungry on this diet! I'll admit that the first 3-4 days were rough -- but that's mostly from your body detoxing and your mind trying to get the best of you. If you can break through that barrier, you'll be good to go! I'm on C1D6 and am down 6.3 lbs. Feeling great ~ tons of energy! Now that I've got all that yucky crap outta my body, I'm not craving a whole lot or feeling like I need to go hide in a dark hole in order to fight the urge to shove a donut in my mouth, LOL. I even made Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas for my family this evening -- I ate Oven BBQ Chicken with steamed mixed veggies. Easy! ;-)
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Diet experts believe detox diets are dangerous and don't really "cleanse" your body. By the way, that's what the liver does - it cleanses the toxins right out of your system. Please read the current research on it. Based on what I've read here, the REAL reason you're losing weight isn't the "detoxifying", it's the calorie restriction. 600 calories a day? Of COURSE you will lose weight. But only until you start eating more.
  • Jennifer23
    Jennifer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

In addition to what 'theartichoke' described, you can have unsweetened almond milk. If you have a Facebook account, there's a lot of support on the 17DayDiet page -- plus, a link to TONS of recipes for all cycles. Everybody has to do what works for them, but I recommend that you complete ALL cycles, including the first one. This cycle breaks your carb and sugar cravings, which is why most of us are in the boat that we're in. Good luck!