Veg calories

Options
Excluding potatoes, do u count/log your vegetable calories?

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Of course. :)
  • beachlover718
    Options
    yes
    :-)
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    if i bite it i write it
  • nishsuz
    nishsuz Posts: 55
    Options
    I dont as they are so low. And would I even be way over my intake from my veg?
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Definitely. They all add up . . . look at the calories in beans or peas alone . . .
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I don't even log now, but when I was logging I didn't count veggies if it was super low. Like if I made spaghetti with a bunch of different veggies, but only small amounts of each, I wouldn't bother logging them. I knew the total would be less than 50 calories, and I just made sure I was about that much under at the end of the day. It was just too much time and effort to log "1/8 red bell pepper, 1/8 green bell pepper, 1/20 onion, 1/8 squash, 1/8 zucchini, etc...."

I'm lazy is the moral of the story :laugh: But I lost the weight just fine!
  • nishsuz
    Options
    I don't even log now, but when I was logging I didn't count veggies if it was super low. Like if I made spaghetti with a bunch of different veggies, but only small amounts of each, I wouldn't bother logging them. I knew the total would be less than 50 calories, and I just made sure I was about that much under at the end of the day. It was just too much time and effort to log "1/8 red bell pepper, 1/8 green bell pepper, 1/20 onion, 1/8 squash, 1/8 zucchini, etc...."

I'm lazy is the moral of the story :laugh: But I lost the weight just fine!

Thats exactly why I dont want to log them lol. Slimmimg world/Ww allow veg to be 'free'.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    if i bite it i write it

^this!^
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Oh ok. I should just ignore the 200-300 calories worth of vegetables I eat every day then.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    MFP and WW are two different programs.
  • nishsuz
    Options
    I think I dont eat enough veg anyway (which im trying to change) but I guess I should start logging absolutely EVERYTHING from now lol.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    That's another reason you should log them! Eat more veggies!!! :)
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I guesstimate my veggies unless I eat a lot or a higher cal veggie like celery or cauliflower
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I guesstimate my veggies unless I eat a lot or a higher cal veggie like celery or cauliflower

Yeah that celery is super high cal! :flowerforyou:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I don't always measure exactly, but I definitely log them. I like seeing the servings of veggies and fiber adding up.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm not sure what I would log if I didn't log my vegetables.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could create an ingredient for "various vegetables" and work out an average for that whole mix of veg you just described. If it's a blend you chop up every day that would help a lot, and even if it varies a bit the idea is still the same.
  • nishsuz
    Options
    Thanks for the advice peeps!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I do because I like lots of veg! I do think it's a pain in the rump roast sometimes when you have a little of this and just a little of that.

Coming here and logging has made me realize how they add up if you are a veggie lover.