New girl here.

Hi everyone :) I just joined MyFitnessPal.

I'm a 23 year old who has finally decided that now is the time to start my new life. I've got no health problems at all but I am quite overweight (5'6" and 237lbs) but I'm as determined as can be and that's all about to change!
I have a beautiful daughter who is going to be turning one in 9 days. I am doing this for myself, but she is also a HUGE motivator for me. I want to be a good influence for her.
Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like someone to help motivate as well as someone who can help keep you motivated! I'm a very positive person, so I am looking for the same in MyFitnessPal buddies :)

Replies

• debbsmck87
    debbsmck87 Posts: 4
    Hey im new to im looking to lose weight as well for similar reasons.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It has been a good decision for me to come here and I am sure it will be for you too. I say --to the best of your abilities log in every day, log every bite of your food even bites you wish you didn't take. I have learned so much that way. It is really surprising how the calories can add up from just a bite here and a bite there. Go to the community tab and look for things that interest you and try to connect. If you find a person that interests you you can click by their name and view their profile. Many people make their food diary's public which may be helpful. Again congratulations on coming here and welcome.
    Gina
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Welcome to Mfp you can add me also if you wish. I can use more friends to give and get support.