Ahhh Too Much Sugar! Help!

Options
ucsneakerz
ucsneakerz Posts: 25 Member
So,
I've been logging in for about twenty days now. Each day I'm pretty good in terms of the different nutrient categories I track (fat, protein, and carbs) but I always go over in sugar. Some of the sugar I'm getting is from whole fruit and 100% fruit juice, and the rest of its an assortment (my food diary is public if you're interested).

This brings me to two questions...
1) What can I be doing to cut down on my sugar?
2) How much will going over in sugar (usually between 5 grams and 20 grams) affect my weight loss?

Any suggestions on sugar free alternatives, ways to adjust my diet to not include so much sugar is most helpful!

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic or have issues with insulin production I wouldn't worry about sugars. A deficit is what loses weight not hitting one component of your intake. Sugar is part of carbs. If you do want to lower it then reduce your carb intake and up your protein.

One note on the juice, one of the worst things you can use calories on. It may give vitamins but that is it. Juice has none of the fiber and bulk that real fruit has. So you drink those calories but it does nothing to fill you up. Switch to the fruit and eat your calories instead. It will work out better for you in the long run.