Feeling Like the MFP Spokesperson?

Options
I don't know about you, but I swear MFP should hire me as their spokesperson like Subway did for Jared! As I continue to successfully reduce my size, I have convinced/motivated so many people to join MFP! People see me and ask what has contributed to my success ... and the first thing I say is MFP! I proceed to explain all of the wonderful features (e.g., people get a kick out of the scanning function) and how they can develop a virtual community of friends to help motivate them along the way.

Are you feeling like the MFP spokesperson, too?! How have you shared the genius that is MFP with friends and others? Hire us, MFP!!!

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    haha.. I know the feeling!!! I was telling my family and coworkers about it!! My mom just hit 130 straight days logged in..!! :))
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have turned alot of people on to MFP. Usually, the initial reaction is laughter. Then I say, don't laugh until you try it. Then some more laughs. Then a few weeks later, they will say, what is the name of that stupid website?

And then I fight with them for a few minutes and tell them, You laughed when I told you, now you aren't getting it. Then after some more laughs, I always give in.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yep. After losing 50+ pounds a lot of co-workers and family have joined.
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's me all right!:happy:

I always have to add my disclaimer "I'm not getting a commission from MFP - it just really works well and it's free!"

Spread the good news.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have to admit I've been talking up MFP too. Maybe they have subliminal messages on the screen making us do this?...
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have to admit I've been talking up MFP too. Maybe they have subliminal messages on the screen making us do this?...

HAHAHA, I thought the same thing.

When I first started suggesting MFP, I thought I was crazy. LOL
  • madmax0412
    madmax0412 Posts: 65
    Options
    Same here. I'm an MFP evangelist!

Some people, like my brother for instance, took to it right away and they saw immediately the potential of the app. Others, like my mom (who thinks we're uber-geeks and also dreads dealing with anything that involves software) have yet to try.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My sister, brother, sister in law, and probably about a dozen friends and former classmates have joined.

And I could really use a job. Nudge nudge. Wink wink.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    lol, yes, definitely. I tell everybody that asks that this is the most amazing app ever and that it couldn't be easier to use. I also LOVE the support!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I plug it anytime someone asks me what my secret is! Really, no secret just calories in<calories out. MFP takes that formula and makes it easier to visualize and manage.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    MFP works, that is all there is to it.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm trying to keep it to myself. I like to think of MFP as my own little fitness world - away from judgmental friends and family ;-)

I just tell them I use an app that I found on my phone to track my meals and workouts. :wink:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute! Does this mean we DON'T get referral fees? Damn.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Me too! and I do radio for a living, so MFP ought to ask me to set up some radio advertising here in Mississippi! After all, we ARE still #1 in all the things you don't want to be: adult AND child obesity, diabetes, etc.! Call Me! *makes phone with fingers & holds it to ear*
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

HAHAHA, I thought the same thing.

When I first started suggesting MFP, I thought I was crazy. LOL

They DO have messages on the screen telling us to do this. It's the entire premise of the site. ;)

Remember first login? It says something about how 'people who lose weight with their friends are more successful - invite your friends'.

Still, it is a good social plan and has generated a lot of positive talk about losing weight and new lifestyles. I am MUCH more likely to talk to my friends about their fitness and weight loss goals since joining this site because i've picked up a lot of compassion and a lot of positive language centred around weight loss - and a lot of INCREDIBLE successes that just blew my mind.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm trying to keep it to myself. I like to think of MFP as my own little fitness world - away judgmental friends and family ;-)

That's about how I feel about it too. I also want somewhere to 'call my own' as it were without friends and family checking up on me.
  • cadmarhuxtable
    Options
    Same here. I'm an MFP evangelist!

Some people, like my brother for instance, took to it right away and they saw immediately the potential of the app. Others, like my mom (who thinks we're uber-geeks and also dreads dealing with anything that involves software) have yet to try.

Well you got me to join, and I of course have picked up the baton. I've been telling everyone I know since.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have, just to my family at dinner some days, because I really want my mom to join!
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    I told two friends about it. They both joined. One lasted about two weeks, the other one lasted two days. The reason? Too much trouble. Too complicated.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any weight to lose but was looking for an app for my sister-in-law. One day I was browsing the AppStore on my iPhone and saw it. All 5 star reviews. When I logged in it said, also accessible on your computer. So I thought why not try it.

She logged in the next day and has lost 17 lbs in about 4 months. I have lost 5 lbs and run a marathon.

I told my gf and she got on it, and also told her friends. A friend of hers AND her husband has both lost 20 and 23 lbs, respectively.

The people here and Success Stories are just amazing. Best website ever.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!