what's your favorite running sneaker?

Options
2»

Replies

• sbbc09
    sbbc09 Posts: 22
    Options
    I started running a year or so ago with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10's. GTS 12's are currently on the shelves in store, but I got last year's model, the GTS 11's on Amazon for $70.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus, for me it's like running on clouds.

^This - I love them!
  • teinepalagi
    teinepalagi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was fitted at a running store (which I recommend) and they put me in Brooks Addiction. Helps with stability and overpronation as well as stabilizes the heel. I have a tendency to get shin splints and plantar fascitis and as long as I replace these regularly, I do great!

Good luck!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like Mizunos but you should go to a running store and have them fit you. Make sure they watch you run and take the time to make sure you have the right shoes. Once you are fit and have tried the shoes and know they will work, your next pair you can purchase online or anywhere that you find at a discount.

Course local support of a business is always best.

^^^ Absolutely. This is how I discovered my Brooks Adrenaline running shoes. No hip/knee/shin pain since I purchased my first pair! Already on #2.
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Saucony Fastwitch. They feel like pillows.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have a mix that I keep in rotation. Brooks, New Balance & Nike. I would definitely go to a running store before buying shoes. While they are pricey ($100 +) you will thank yourself for the investment later. Injuries suck !

I would definitely recommend going to a running store for your first good pair of running shoes--they will do a full assessment of your running gait and help find the best shoe for your gait, arch, etc. Once you learn the styles that work for you, you can pick up cheaper versions...but a good pair of running shoes is the best way to prevent injuries when you're a new runner. Good luck!
  • chersheppard
    chersheppard Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting fitted at a Running Store. I just bought a pair of Nike Free's 3's and they were made for my feet. I love them. I'm up to 8Km runs in them.
  • CiarraCA
    CiarraCA Posts: 56
    Options
    nike audi's
  • misswhitneyyy
    Options
    Been through 3 pairs of Asics, New Balance, Nike, and Adidas. All crap for me. The BEST brand for running shoes I have ever tried on are made by Brooks.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Get fitted!!! A lot of people love asics but they never properly met the arch of my foot, so I spent years with pains and wondering why, until I got fitted! I wear ADIDAS adistar adiprene (my newest pair are ride 2 geofit) they are great for me!
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I absolutely absolutely ABSOLUTELY love my New Balance Minimus WT10's. (NOT the WT20's the new version sucks but they still sell the old ones too). I'm on my second pair in a year and it would have been more if I hadn't gotten hurt and was unable to run for a few months. They are sort of the same idea as the Vibram Five Finger shoes, but without individual toes haha.

They are minimalist shoes so you do have to work into them a bit, but they are so worth it and you get the best leg muscles out of the deal, because your body is doing the work of running instead of a running shoe doing some of the work for you.

I will however throw in the caveat of: I tweaked my knee working out about a week ago, and haven't been able to run in them since. My fault, not the shoes fault at all. Learning the hard way that "running shoes" and "weight lifting shoes" are NOT the same thing. I should have been in more stable and supportive shoes for lifting, I wasn't, and tweaked my IT band pretty badly.

However, if you are looking for a pair of RUNNING shoes, I absolutely adore those and I will keep buying them until they stop making them!
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to be an Asics girl.. Gel kayanos were my faves and then I discovered Mizunos and haven't looked back since. Currently rocking the Mizuno Wave Nirvana 8. Ran 10 miles in them right out the box!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Nike Lunarglide 3's
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I switch around a bit but have been loving New Balance for the last while. I've used Brooks and Saucony in the past and thought Brooks Beast were fantastic. (I have wide feet so had the boys shoe).

But like everyone else here I'll stress that you should definitely go to a proper running store and get yourself sorted out. You'll be happily (and comfortably) running all over the place in no time!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mizuno girl here. Been loving them for years. I was fitted into a pair in 2006 and loved them, went thru several pairs!
    Then, of course, they stopped making my model shoe. Went to a running store last month and viola, they also put me in the latest Mizuno's.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the input guys! Definitely taking it all into consideration and will remember all these brands when I get fitted this week. :)
  • mtsnorider
    mtsnorider Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the Mizuno Wave Rider but I am messing with the Wave Creations too.

Don't seem to notice too much of a difference. Course my knee has been acting up so I haven't run more than 3 or so miles in the last several weeks.

Any comments on the difference between the two? I hope to rotate my shoes since I really only get about 200-225 miles out of my shoes before things start to hurt.
  • bitesizeMelly
    bitesizeMelly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Asics and The North Face
  • GregDinAZ
    GregDinAZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a HUGE favor and get to a specialty running store and get them to help you out. Yes, you will pay for it but those folks know what shoes work for what type of feet. No shoe is right for every runner. Trust me, this is one thing that I've learned in 35 years of competitive running!
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ..... you should go to a running store and have them fit you. Make sure they watch you run and take the time to make sure you have the right shoes. Once you are fit and have tried the shoes and know they will work, your next pair you can purchase online or anywhere that you find at a discount.

Course local support of a business is always best.

^^ this is how I found my Asic 2160s. :) Well, at the time I wore 2140s, but the new line is 2160 (at least the last time I bought them.) I buy 2-3 pairs at a time because I love them so much. haha

This is what I did, too. Now, just order online. Since it looks like the Asics 2140s, 2160s, and 2170s have been covered; I'll add that I currently have the 2150s. Love 'em!