What scale numbers do you use?

Options
I have a WW digital scale. It used to be very consistent when you stepped on it even 3 or 4 times in a row. Now it seems to waiver . I stepped on it today for my weigh in and the first time I had lost 7 pounds. Second time 7 pounds, 3rd 3 pounds, 4th 4 pounds 5th 9 pounds. I took the least. Do you think I may just need a new battery or a scale. How do you all handle it when it says different amounts all in a row?

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    the difference in weigh ins shouldn't be that drastic. I'd say new scale FOR SURE!
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i would get a new battery and see if that helps. There should not be that much variance every time you step on the scale. If that does not help, I would invest in a new scale:(
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's probably the battery.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have that happen during certain times of the month when I'm either retaining water or haven't had a bowel movement in a few days. I know that's lovely to discuss lol I just figure my scale isn't able to get an accurate reading. Seems once that passes then It'll get back to more consistent readings.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I always use the first, when I step on it more than once.
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    I'd also go with a new battery first. If that doesn't solve the discrepancy it's time for a new scale.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    My digital scale has been doing this too! I have an analog one as well and that helps me to realize when the digital one is being crazy. I wonder if changing the battery will help...

Nevermind, I can't change the battery in it. That sucks!
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a WW digital scale. It used to be very consistent when you stepped on it even 3 or 4 times in a row. Now it seems to waiver . I stepped on it today for my weigh in and the first time I had lost 7 pounds. Second time 7 pounds, 3rd 3 pounds, 4th 4 pounds 5th 9 pounds. I took the least. Do you think I may just need a new battery or a scale. How do you all handle it when it says different amounts all in a row?
    I
    I also have a WW digital scale and it sounds like the battery need to be replaced. I weighed in Saturday and I got back on five times to get it right! I will be replacing my battery tomorrow for the Saturday weigh in.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also if you move your scale then that may have an effect on the reading as well. I know at my moms house whenever I use her scale I have to be very careful about where I put it cause her bathroom floor isn't even because the people who put down the carpet (ewww carpet in a bathroom) didn't know what they were doing.