Not Hungry

Options
Before I began MFP and eating healthy, I could eat junk food and high fat food until the cows came home. I could eat, and eat, and eat! Now that I am eating 100% nutritional foods, I'm finding myself struggling to get all of my calories in. It's like my body is completely satisfied and wants no more food. All day long today, I was completely satiated by a 350 calorie omelet and vegetable juice. So, I was stuck with figuring out how to cram in a 900 calerie meal tonight, while still making it nutritional. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

I am a lacto-ovo pescatarian, and I very rarely eat fish/seafood. My diary is open for friends to view. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Replies

• VooDooChylde
    VooDooChylde Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Before I began MFP and eating healthy, I could eat junk food and high fat food until the cows came home. I could eat, and eat, and eat! Now that I am eating 100% nutritional foods, I'm finding myself struggling to get all of my calories in. It's like my body is completely satisfied and wants no more food. All day long today, I was completely satiated by a 350 calorie omelet and vegetable juice. So, I was stuck with figuring out how to cram in a 900 calerie meal tonight, while still making it nutritional. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

I am a lacto-ovo pescatarian, and I very rarely eat fish/seafood. My diary is open for friends to view. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I had the same issue today and the day before, It is like I am just not hungry and still coming in under my calories, but i just don't like to force myself to eat if I do not feel hungry1 i had issues today filling in all the calories I got that were extra , plus I got moving alot with a lot of activity today( it had rained for two weeks and I was itching to get out!!) I think I need help in this area too!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think that hunger is not always a good guide - while "don't eat unless hungry" sounds like it would make sense, eating only 350 cals a day is neither healthy nor sustainable.
    I suggest that you plan ahead for the whole day and eat a moderate amount when planned, even if you aren't hungry. This doesn't mean that you should overeat - but you have to eat enough to stay healthy and full of energy. Try it for a few weeks and you might find that you get more in touch with what your body needs.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Add high calorie but healthy foods like nuts, nut butter, avocado, olive oil, cheese etc, it's possible to increase cals without eating huge amounts of food if you don't feel hungry.
    A teaspoon of oil in your omelet pan plus 25g of cheddar would add about 300 cals. 50g of nuts is 400 cals, a whole avocado is about 300 so that's 1000 added to your day pretty easily :-)

It also helps to plan your day in advance and try and eat what you planned for then you aren't left with loads of cals to use up at night. As above poster said, your body will soon adapt and you should start to be hungry for your meals.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Add high calorie but healthy foods like nuts, nut butter, avocado, olive oil, cheese etc, it's possible to increase cals without eating huge amounts of food if you don't feel hungry.
    A teaspoon of oil in your omelet pan plus 25g of cheddar would add about 300 cals. 50g of nuts is 400 cals, a whole avocado is about 300 so that's 1000 added to your day pretty easily :-)

It also helps to plan your day in advance and try and eat what you planned for then you aren't left with loads of cals to use up at night. As above poster said, your body will soon adapt and you should start to be hungry for your meals.
    *Like*
    I did this tonight, I added almost 300 cals to my meal with virgin coconut oil and olive oil. I'm a vegetarian, but I don't eat a ton of dairy or eggs, so I find myself needing to add healthy fats to my days frequently. The amount of fat I added did not make me feel like I was stuffing myself, but made my meal more satiating and helped fill those nutritional holes.