Rec Vegan Cheese Sub or Pizza?

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for a vegan cheese sub? Or rec any places that do a vegan pizza or frozen ones? I love pizza, but realized also that I cannot have cheese anymore at all, not even lactose free as the lactose isn't the only problem so I must seek vegan options. I'm fine with that but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or perhaps any tips on foods that have significant hidden dairy. I do already do soy or almond milk when I have milk.

Replies

• JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    My son is casein- free which is the protein in milk so we don't do any milk products at all. he likes the daiya cheese. It's not cheese but it's much better than soy cheese in my opinion. You have to become an expert at reading labels. One I was surprised about is bread as it can have whey. Some other dairy free things he loves is coconut ice cream (this is really good!) and dark chocolate for the chocolate fix. Trader joe's has chocolate covered bananas that are dairy free and delicious. Amy's has a lot of vegan options such as frozen pizzas which are all yummy. Hope that helps a little :)

I forgot to mention that I find going without cheese is better than any cheese substitute on pizza. For me I'd rather have the real thing or not at all. BUT I do have the option of eating cheese just do 't do it very often :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Daiya cheese--melts, tastes good.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Amy's products will label vegan and dairy free. They have macaroni and cheese, baked ziti, pizza, lasagnas, etc that are dairy free. You can search on their website by dietary restriction.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I second both Daiya and Amy's. I can eat some cheese now as long as it's raw milk cheese, but I still love Amy's products, especially the dairy free mac and cheese and the no cheese pizza!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone I will look for that Daiya. I'm not sure my local market has it, but the city I visit might. They do carry lots of army's products so I'll look at their vegan options. Sometimes I get amy's stuff anyway, it's pretty good :)