Change in BMR?

Options
Hi,

So I started at around 121 several weeks ago and when I signed up this site calculated my BMR at 1,640. Now I<m down to around 117 and decided to use this same site to recalculate my BMR for kicks and it said it was 1,360... But recalculating my BMR didn't change anything automatically in my goals or daily intake, which has been 1,200 since the start. I was wondering if I need to change some things around now to accomodate a lower BMR or if you're not supposed to recalculate it and should leave things as they are... I mean, you can fluctuate in weight by like 3 pounds per week depending on certain things and you're BMR doesn't go about changing drastically like that week to week, right?

I don't know if I've been very clear, but hopefully somone will be able to shed some light! Thanks!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    1200 is about right.

People with a lot more to lose start off with a higher calorie recommendation and will lower as they lose weight, but never lower than 1200. That's the minimum recommendation for safe weight loss.
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    Options
    Oh! That makes sense. So if I had started at a higher calorie limit it would have gone down as I lost weight, right? Thanks for the clarification!