Pull Ups

Options
2»

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha....you know I'm a mom when I open this thinking diaper/pull up!!

I have yet to master even one pull up....sooo the best of luck to you!! :D
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I also want to be able to do these (would be happy to do about 5 though) just to prove my OH wrong. Thanks for all the tips and links.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I started out with assisted pull up machine at the gym & was on it for 5 months before I can finally do pull-ups on a bar. Start slow & don't shock your muscles right away.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to do one pull up. I will have to look up the programs posted.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    What did you bet?

When he comes home If I win he takes me out to dinner, if he wins its a jeager bomb & a kiss... ( I think I win either way... ) :wink:
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Want to let you know, I did 3 assisted pullups last night at the gym
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Well done :smile:
    I tried to do my first negative pull up at the gym today but the step I was using was too low and I ended up hanging there like I was on a laundry line :laugh:
    Next try on Monday.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options

This is a good start. I am a huge fan of negative pull-ups. I've recently started getting serious about being able to do pull-ups and after about 2-3 weeks of exericising and negatives I can finally do one. Now I'm 210, so if I can do one, I know you'll be able to do some in no time!

Besides doing only pull-ups I recommend you do exercises that work the same muscles as pull-ups. I do a lot of push-ups and have started to do about 15 dips (off a chair) a day. Also, whenever I'm at the gym I like to test my might with the pull-up bar. I recommend gloves or a towel to cover up the bar though, because I'm getting some mean callouses =/
  • k1ss4ne
    k1ss4ne Posts: 1
    Options
    look at getting a pull up bar in your home... or if you attend a gym, then find an assisted machine to begin, when you can begin to do 1 or 2 pull ups then focus on negatives (jump up & lower yourself slowly) also from personal experience i found that using a lat pull down machine helps, use that machine until you can pull your own weight (its like the reverse movement of a pull up) once you can pull your own weight on the machine you should manage a few pull ups, also dont constantly work on this... allow time to rest. though reaching 20 pull ups wont be easy, quite a goal to reach but good luck :D
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Do these type of assisted pull-ups, the machine doesn't allow you to use your stabilizer muscles.http://youtu.be/HQJUZqpjHBM