Weight Loss Challenges

Options
Would anyone like to start a bikini/swimsuit ready body challenge for this summer?? We can all donate a gift to the winner?? Also we can post pics? What does everyone think?:wink:

Replies

• VeganCookie
    Options
    Would anyone like to start a bikini/swimsuit ready body challenge for this summer?? We can all donate a gift to the winner?? Also we can post pics? What does everyone think?:wink:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge.
    Should we post before and after pics? (maybe wear more than a bikini in my before pic!)
    What should the start and end dates be?
    Should we have a weekly check in to update on how we're all doing as far as staying on track with eating, exercising and weigh-in?
    Would we vote on a winner or go by percentage of weight lost and inches lost?
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    Hey, sounds really great!!

I have an older pic with the same weight I have now in my bikini.

This would help me to do more push ups and sit ups :)
  • VeganCookie
    Options
    I agree with the before pic...hehe..what do you think about the voting? let me know....I think we should start this challenge tomorrow?? Not to much time left until summer....thinking it should end may1st? Thats enough time to drop some pounds and get some great results...maybe we can all negociate on a prize for the winner? Or we can all send the winner something nice?? I am so glad...yest we should check in weekly, but if we need help or support we should start a thread..??
  • VeganCookie
    Options
    Ok today is the day....we should post starting stats.....ready???? Lets get that beach ready body!!!!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in, hopefully will give me more motivation to push myself!
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    Ahh.... I cannot provide my weight... I dont have a scale...

I think I will buy one today and will post my weight tomorrow.
    I will also try to measure my waist and hip or how its all called :)

And maybe will do an before image today in my bikini I have at the moment.
  • VeganCookie
    Options
    ok it starts today and ends May 1st. Try not go over the caloric intake you need to lose. Try to fit it some kind of exercise everyday, at least 10 minutes (I mean you want that sexy body you can flaunt right?? Aren't you worth it?!? So ask yourself when you see a cookie or piece of chocolate "What is my history with this food? Will I really be able to eat just one bite?? And ask will this help me get that sexy bikini body I want???) I will try to post some motivational/educational stuff to move us along. Feel free to do so yourself. Also I am going to see if I can get a forum thread for this. If you don't want to post measurements you can post weight and pics. As long as you have a guideline. On may first the winner will be judged and we can send our gifts to him/her. The real reward is going to be that ultra sexy bikini body though!

Starting weight -131lbs. Height-5'4
  • sr2000
    Options
    I personally have over 40 pounds to lose. I am definately gong to do everything I can to stay on track with eating healthy and exercising at least 45 minutes 6 days a week. But ding that will not give me a bikini body by May 1st!! I think I don't fit in with this challenge group.
    Good luck and have fun!
  • kitty1256
    Options
    I would totally love to join! it would give me motivation to have other people backing me up, I'm sure....instead of digging into my sister's seemingly endless supply of potato chips, chocolate, candy, and everything else I shouldn't eat.

Right now, I'm 5'8" and weigh 158. I'm hoping to at least be down to 140 by the time I go to New York on May 1!!
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    This is one of the reasons that I joined the site... and my goal is to be bathing suit ready by the end of May.

Start today: Im 5' 7 weight today is 145. Will post photos this week.
    Goal weight for 5/1 is 125 lbs.

Im doing the Beach Body -Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, and 6 cardio work outs per week at the gym.
  • VeganCookie
    Options
    SRB! Dont go! You are giving up to easily! Seriously even if you dont feel confident in a bikini by May 1st at least you will be alot closer to your goal!!! I am mostly doing this to help motivate everyone! Dream big girl! Here is a great quote! "You never know a persons strength until you see them at their weakest moment"! This is about being beautiful and feeling great about yourself and your body! Its about being healthy! Join us and you will win!!! This wont be the only challenge I start! :wink:
  • kitty1256
    Options
    Does anyone else have late-night cravings? I usually get home from rehearsals around 11:00pm or midnight, and I can't help but eating something before I go to bed! And I always regret it right after. I was good all day today, but I came home and made a baked potato with tons of cheddar cheese on it - ugh! Any suggestions of how to stop this habit or a healthy late-night snack?
  • VeganCookie
    Options
    I am working on this myself. I think I might try brushing my teeth when I want to eat. Last night my boyfriend woke me up and I had a bowl of cereal at 12pm. Urgh not the way I wanted to start this challenge. I will do better today!
  • VeganCookie
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone in on a little tip! I am making a goal board. On it I have included pictures,quotes, and tips for my goal. It is fun and I think it can help us. I encourage everyone to start one. Even if its just to keep busy from eating! :happy:
  • kitty1256
    Options
    ugh....my mom sent my sister and I a package yesterday with all of our mail from home, and two huge cans of homemade cookies! how am i supposed to pass up my mom's cookies? lol
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    So scale yet :(
    No measuring tape.

But I made a pic in bikini yesterday.

I will upload it this evening after work and will make another pic on 1st may :)
    So I then will have no numbers to tell, only pics :)
  • sr2000
    Options
    SRB! Dont go! You are giving up to easily! Seriously even if you dont feel confident in a bikini by May 1st at least you will be alot closer to your goal!!! I am mostly doing this to help motivate everyone! Dream big girl! Here is a great quote! "You never know a persons strength until you see them at their weakest moment"! This is about being beautiful and feeling great about yourself and your body! Its about being healthy! Join us and you will win!!! This wont be the only challenge I start! :wink:
    Of course I will keep up with my diet and exercise and strive towards a bikini body, but nothing short of surgery would make that happen by May. I lose weight at an extremely slow pace, despite cutting calories, eating healthy and exercising a lot. I'll still plan to check in here at the challenge, but not ready to share a bikini photo anytime soon! With my 5' 7.5" 185 lb body, :blushing: that is just not happening:cry: I hope I can lose 12 lbs by then though!!
    Good luck to everyone!:smile:
  • kitty1256
    Options
    its only 2:00pm, and I'm already down to 99 calories! oh no! who would have thought that a bowl of mac & cheese would have half of my calories for the day? oops!
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I don't know about getting ready for a bikini, but I would just be happy to get to a point where I was comfortable to be seen in a one-piece swimsuit, or even shorts for that matter, by summertime! Usually the only place I dare to go in a bathing suit is to my parent's house to swim in their pool. But I am determined to go to a public beach this summer and wear a nice cute bathing suit and not care what anyone thinks!!!