Insanity + strength training?

Options
Hey there guys, Ive just started my insanity journey today- fit test number one COMPLETE!

However, Insanity is definately a cardio programme. I know insanity is intense (who wouldve thought?) but i want to incorperate strength training into my routine. I have a bodyweight programme that will be done three times a week. leaving my sundays completely free as a rest day.
IEven if i eat enough cals will this be too much exercise for the next 90 days? I work out at home so no gym, therefore cannot lift weights. but HIIT 6 days a week plus 3 x bodyweight training? too much?

Replies

• sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hmm I think this depends on your current level of fitness. I combine some Insanity into my workouts, but I know I can't do it every day because Insanity leaves me totally depleted. I think your schedule sounds fine if you've been already doing this for a while. Maybe try sticking to it for a week or so and see how you feel?
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a mix of Insanity with P90x and P90X2. With Insanity, I was able to drop excess weight. I would say I now rely primarily on the P90 programs for strength/toning.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I added in some of the p90x routines while I did insanity. I liked the insanity weight routine too- but I think it's an extra that only comes with some programs.
  • taxidermist15
    Options
    does all p90x workouts need equipemt and all that? i know ab ripper doesnt. but thats why i went with insanity.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I will be starting the Insanity workouts as soon as my DVDs arrive. I plan to also do tradtional weight training at least twice a week. I will have to see how my body reacts to it all, but hopefully I can lean down and muscle up at the same time.
  • taxidermist15
    Options
    awesome, i think im going to try a hybrid between px90 and insanity. doing insanity 6 days a week and weight training seems like lot, and its only the first day!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    awesome, i think im going to try a hybrid between px90 and insanity. doing insanity 6 days a week and weight training seems like lot, and its only the first day!

That's what I'm basically doing. I'm lifting 3 days a week without videos based on the P90X body part splits and using Insanity fro cardio. I like it a lot. I don't think I like cardio enough to do Insanity every day. I think I'd burn out too fast.