Lost weight, now what?

I lost over 100lbs in 6 month doing P90X and then Insanity/weight lifting. I am 6'1" and started my weight loss at 305lbs with over 40% BF and 6 moths later I am now 200lbs with 26% BF. I still need to lose about 15 to 20 more pounds to be at my "medically" approved weight for my age and height. Plus I still have a high BF percentage according to every online calculator I have used. I was considering doing another round of P90X and adding the cardio from Insanity, however, I am not as toned and muscular as I would like to be. I am lose and flabby, expected from all that weight loss I guess!!! I am afraid if I do another round I will just continue to lose weight without gaining any real muscle tone or strength. Now I am considering doing traditional weight training to increase muscle mass and tone up 3 days a week along with some cardio the other 3 days, but am afraid that I will lose, or gain that is, everything I worked so hard to lose. Just looking for a little insite into maintaining what I have acomplished in weight lose while increasing muscle mass. Any oppions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Drop the cardio .....try stronglifts 5X5 and LIFT HEAVY doing just compound lifts. Eat slightly above maintanence (primarily high protein diet) Be consistent and patient.

Try this macro set-up

Calories - 2500
    Carbs - 156 g
    Protein - 250g
    Fat- 97g