Anyone running a race tomorrow?

Options
I'm running a 5miler tomorrow, longest one I've run this year. I carbo loaded tonight and am over on my calories but I think that will be ok since the race is early at 7:30am. Hopefully it won't be raining.

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Good luck!:happy:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow that's so exciting! :bigsmile: Good luck for tomorrow!:wink:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Wish you the best way to go, you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    thanks all, i'll try my best, rain or not. :smile:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm running a 5k tomorrow, I'm excited but nervous. it should be fun but a lot of my friends will be there so I hope I run ok :flowerforyou:
    Happy 4th of July to everyone
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Good luck! I'm running a 5k tomorrow, I'm excited but nervous. it should be fun but a lot of my friends will be there so I hope I run ok :flowerforyou:
    Happy 4th of July to everyone

I'm running a 5 miler tommorow too. I need to get some food in though. I just went out for a 15 mile ride on the bike. Probably not the best the night before a run. lol
    btw-where is the 5 mile race your running? would be freaky if we were doing the same race. lol

Willywonka have fun at your 5k tommorow buddy!

:drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    5 miler for me tomorrow too, weather depending! So far calling for t-storms so we will see...

I usually don't carb load for anything under 10 miles, but that's just me. It's my dd's 6th bday so we went out to eat. I had the grilled chicken breast, plain baked sweet potato, and salad w/ vinaigrette. No dessert. :wink:

And I also went for a bike ride today... 18 miles. I usually rest the day before a race, so we will see if it affects my running. :laugh:

Good luck racers! :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    5 miler for me tomorrow too, weather depending! So far calling for t-storms so we will see...

I usually don't carb load for anything under 10 miles, but that's just me. It's my dd's 6th bday so we went out to eat. I had the grilled chicken breast, plain baked sweet potato, and salad w/ vinaigrette. No dessert. :wink:

And I also went for a bike ride today... 18 miles. I usually rest the day before a race, so we will see if it affects my running. :laugh:

Good luck racers! :drinker:

Good luck tommorow Jess. WTG on getting some miles in on the bike today! WOOHOO SPITFIRES.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck tommorow Jess. WTG on getting some miles in on the bike today! WOOHOO SPITFIRES.

Thanks!! I hope the biking didn't fatigue the quads too much, don't feel bad tonight! :bigsmile:
  • Teachmisskim
    Teachmisskim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your runs tomorrow everyone! My goal is to run a 5k...well at least half it. :)
  • willywonka
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm up bright and early, too excited to sleep. Good luck to all you racers, can't wait to see how everyone did. :flowerforyou:
  • AlmostHot
    Options
    Calm down willywonka, dont burn your energy on nerves:laugh:

Have a great race!:wink:
  • willywonka
    Options
    :laugh: thank you, i guess i'll start getting ready, need to leave in half an hour. I'm most nervous about my stomach rumbling :laugh: Thanks for the support!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thankfully the rain held. 45:15 Brickyard 5m - Hobart, IN. Hopefully it will make the run 5k part of the tri next week seem easier. Hope everyone else had a good run today as well!! And a Happy 4th of July! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Great job leann_m_olson!
    Finished the Bath, Maine 30th annual Heritage days road race in just over 43:00. Learned a valuable lesson. Dont ride the bike 15 miles the night before a 5 mile run. At about mile 3 my left hammy was screaming at me. lol Had to slow to a walk to shake it out a few times. All in all it was a fun race though!

:drinker:
  • willywonka
    Options
    Great job Leann and Spyguy!!!
    Well, my race was only a 5k but I had a new PR of 24:10 :wink:
    I was not able to finish strong, I got overly excited and started out too fast so I struggled at the end but I am still very happy.
    Happy 4th!!!

Here's a pic of me, my hubby and my twin brother. My brother was sooo sweet, he waited for me the last 1/4 mile and pushed me through when I felt like I was about to pass out.
    I did get a pretty medal for 2nd place female in my age group- first time that has ever happened in my life :laugh:

ry%3D400
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Great job Leann and Spyguy!!!
    Well, my race was only a 5k but I had a new PR of 24:10 :wink:
    I was not able to finish strong, I got overly excited and started out too fast so I struggled at the end but I am still very happy.
    Happy 4th!!!

Here's a pic of me, my hubby and my twin brother. My brother was sooo sweet, he waited for me the last 1/4 mile and pushed me through when I felt like I was about to pass out.
    I did get a pretty medal for 2nd place female in my age group- first time that has ever happened in my life :laugh:

ry%3D400

Way to go!!!!!

Awesome time and grats on the medal! Today's race was only my second race ever so I can't wait to get to the point when I can do a 24 min 5k. You should be proud! WTG!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I raced a 10Ker today! Great experience! So great to see everyone else running races too!
  • AlmostHot
    Options
    Well done everyone! They are awesome times! I can't wait to get out there with you, will be a few more months before I'm ready. I am sooo proud of all of you, it's so exciting!:happy: