The soda challenge!

Options
Being that it is Monday and the full week is not up until Wednesday Morning, I was wondering if anyone was able to so far go a week without soda?
If so, How are you doing with it? Any problems? Any sucess? :huh:

Just wondering. Do not forget that if you are doing this with me, then on Wednesday you are to have a soda, and tell me if it tasted as nasty to you as the one I had last week did to me. :tongue: :noway:
For those that are reading this for the first time. Last week after not haveing ANY SODA from the first of the year. (a new years thing) I decided on Fat Tuesday to partake of my FAV soda. Diet Dr Pepper.
I almost gagged. After drinking Water and tea for a month, I no longer had a taste for soda.
This is where the soda challenge came in. I wanted to see if others would go a week without soda and then after a week have a sip of one and see if it tasted nasty to them too, :tongue: Or if there was no change. Then if they went a week, Maybe they could go another week. Etc Etc.

--Diann...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Being that it is Monday and the full week is not up until Wednesday Morning, I was wondering if anyone was able to so far go a week without soda?
    If so, How are you doing with it? Any problems? Any sucess? :huh:

Just wondering. Do not forget that if you are doing this with me, then on Wednesday you are to have a soda, and tell me if it tasted as nasty to you as the one I had last week did to me. :tongue: :noway:
    For those that are reading this for the first time. Last week after not haveing ANY SODA from the first of the year. (a new years thing) I decided on Fat Tuesday to partake of my FAV soda. Diet Dr Pepper.
    I almost gagged. After drinking Water and tea for a month, I no longer had a taste for soda.
    This is where the soda challenge came in. I wanted to see if others would go a week without soda and then after a week have a sip of one and see if it tasted nasty to them too, :tongue: Or if there was no change. Then if they went a week, Maybe they could go another week. Etc Etc.

--Diann...:flowerforyou:
  • mjb343
    Options
    I am not a big pop drinker, but my husband likes to have a coke when we go out for dinner and I occassionaly take a sip of his - and instantly regret it! It just tastes SOOOO sweet to me, I know if I were to drink a whole can I would probably end up with nothing but a headache and a ton of unwanted calories that were so not worth it!! I have heard a lot of comments lately about not "drinking your calories" and this makes so much sense to me. I would rather get my calories from something a little more satisfying and substantial than juice or pop!
    Cutting out these high sugar beverages is definately a step in the right direction towards becoming healthy - way to go diann :happy: !! Great idea for a challenge!!
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I found that I do not have a soda addiction. :smile:

I drink only as necessary. Here is an example:

I went two weeks without soda, then one day I went out to eat with a few friends and decided to have a soda for the heck of it. WOW that tasted so great. Really refreshing.

I don't think diet soda would have the same affect. I stick to the real thing.

I heard on the news last night that artifical sweetners may actually be helping people gain weight. Not exactly the ideal thing to do , right?

My thought, when I was a kid I always thought that diet sodas were for people who were diebetics and could not have real soda.

I say, if you want a soda, do it, just don't over do it. I think one soda (lol I almost wrote a day) a week shouldn't be too bad. But if you can go longer, even better.

I have not had a soda since...last night but that was after another 2 weeks without having one. Again it tasted so good. But I didn't crave one after that, I was complete. :laugh:

Im up for the soda challenge, I['m willing to see how far I can go without a soda.

I had a friend who was a soda freak and could not live without soda. Then one day they syked themselves up to see how long they could go without soda, 2 years later they still have not had a soda. it's all teas and waters for her. Not only was she skinny to start with, she hasn't gained or lost anything. She's quiet healthy I think.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I havent had a soda in over three weeks! Ironically the same time I started this site!:happy: I couldnt stand "waisting" my calories on a sierra mist.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am not a soda drinker, but I haven't had regular iced tea or coffee for a week now.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    hansens are pretty good. :smile:

but true about wasting calories. But if you have a few calories to go, why not? get it ynot? :laugh: :tongue:

just kidding.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hansens are pretty good. :smile:

but true about wasting calories. But if you have a few calories to go, why not? get it ynot? :laugh: :tongue:

just kidding.

haha! Yes I love Hansens (when theyre on sale lol) If i have leftover calories i usually have a vitamin water. Oh great now my mouth is watering for a kiwi strawberry!:laugh:
  • Jodywin
    Options
    I was a Soda drinker and it was hard for me to not drink Soda especially on the weekend. But then my daughter and I watched the Biggest Looser and when Jillian said "We dont drink our Calories" something in me clicked. So now when I want a soda I think of what she said. It has worked for me because I would rather eat something than waist my calories on soda. :drinker:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah still no soda for me I have been drinking green tea with splenda or water. But have come to the realization that when I do drink I will have to break this rule because I like my drinks mixed with diet coke, unless someone else has suggestions for an alcoholic drink that is relatively low in calories, and I don't really like to mix crystal light with alchohol-don't like the taste and I really don't need any drinks like vodka on the rocks. Not very sensible for me. lol. Thanks