Coffee?

Options
I have totally cut coffee out of my life, because I was under the assumption that all the sugar and creamer was going to kill my calories, but I've recently found fat free sugar free creamer, and that my coffee is only 2 cals per 8 oz. So, what's your opinion on it? Is it still okay to drink coffee during a diet?

Replies

• mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Ummm...YES!

I have not stopped drinking coffee and I use 1/2 and 1/2 cream with real sugar - 70 calories a cup, and enjoy 2 a day.

Has to haves my coffee....
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    yes, i have coffee every morning. As long as you still meet your calories/macros at the end of the day you're fine

^and also strong avi to post content relation
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yeah why not? If you eat within your calorie goal you're fine. It's a way you want to be able to eat for the rest of your life =]
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    hey,
    well i love coffee, i have it with semi skimmed milk its only like 30 cals but i have tried to start today to have none all week and have one or two for a treat at weekends cuz i use coffee as a treat... someone said it slows down weight loss but then increases your metabolism...confused! so im not sure but glad u posted this!
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have two cups of Lion coffee each morning, with a spoon of brown sugar and semi skimmed milk, sure it adds some points but I allow myself a luxury and cut back on other things. Moderation is the name of the game.
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I couldn't sacrifice coffee. I still have my Kcup in the morning with regular 1/2&1/2 and a packet of truvia. I sometimes have a cup of iced coffee in the afternoon too.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups a day with the fat free creamer. It can't be any worse than people that drink diet soda in the morning and thorough out their day.
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I still have coffee. It is a must have! But I only have one cup cause I try to get more water intake going.
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS have coffee with stevia and half and half. Approx 2 cups per day. The only thing I did change was that I switched up to decaf and that is only because I take a workout supplement and I wanted to control my caffeine more. Usually on the weekends I have regular. Can't live without it!
  • saltyraisins
    saltyraisins Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YES. 1000 times yes. Aside from being awesome and giving you energy, it's also a more powerful antioxidant than tea, and prevents cancer in women... according to a bunch of articles I read a long time ago.

Coffee isn't bad for you! but maybe ween off the creamer little by little. Your taste buds will adjust. :drinker:
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am a coffeeholic and not a very nice person without it i am addicted to espresso....i use fat-free half&half in mine with splenda....so i say enjoy your coffee :)
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've always drank coffee. I tried giving it up, but would always end up cranky and have headaches. I just add it into my log.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I drink one 8 oz cup in the morning. Recently I switched from espresso with soy milk to regular coffee and a flavored creamer- one tablespoon is 35 cals so my entire morning cup of coffee us under 40 cals.

If you want it- have it, just make it fit into your cals for the day.
  • rebecaschiller
    rebecaschiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also drink coffee with half-and-half or whole milk, but no sugar. My goal is to cut sugar as part of losing weight. Because I like my coffee light, it's a little more caloric, but I'm less worried about those calories as opposed to overdoing a snack treat (like eating a small square of chocolate, or two, or three, or four...)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    coffee has many redeeming benefits all by itself.. there's no way I'd cut it out.. but I don't need sweetners or anything either.. I used to, but gave them up. Now I just put some skim milk in mine, so I'm also getting protein and calcium. It's win-win. Try weaning yourself off the sweetened versions altogether for the most benefit.
  • Veerobillard
    Options
    My opinion is this. Coffee is like fine red wine. If you learn to drink it black, you'll really start to appreciate the fine nuances in flavours that you just cannot taste when you mask them with sugar and/or creamer. I used to love coffee with cream and sugar, but like you, wanted to cut out the calories. Since I've changed to black coffee, I am really enjoying it.

BE CAREFUL with the sugar free/fat free GARBAGE. It's usually rare to find any of that stuff to be either healthy, or good for your eating plan.

If I can suggest something....if you absolutely MUST have cream and sugar..... try 1/4 tsp of stevia with 2 TBSPS of Almond Milk in your coffee.

I am still drinking black coffee in the morning...and I'm almost -40 pounds now in two months. Good luck finding what works for you.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee still, I haven't changed creamer, and I drink it with Stevia in the Raw (zero calories all natural) My creamer is only 10 calories per table spoon. If it's the worse thing I do then I'm doing great lol.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee so the calories make no difference. However I feel a lot better cutting down on the caffine intake.

So green tea at work and good freshly made coffee at the weekend and I enjoy it.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I could never give up my coffee but I did give up creamer and replaced it with skim milk.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I still drink coffee, but I use 'coffee mate' instead of milk (it's like a powder). Mostly to save on having to buy so much milk since I'm using it all the time on Slim Fast shakes. I use sweetner instead of sugar aswell.