bump
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um...seriously....I felt like I ate something that was about 1200 calories from Olive Garden!!! I had this over 2 cups of spaghetti squash and my goodness it was heavenly.....next time, I am adding in some grilled chicken breast. The combination of cheesy flavor from the alfredo with the nuttiness/sweetness of the spaghetti squash was unbelievable and it was all under 200 calories....unreal! Thank you!!!:smile:

BTW: I used FF cream cheese, light butter, and FF parmesan cheese and it still was amazing
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just had guilty alfredo last night and have no regrets! To me, alfredo is like bacon, there is no substitute, just moderation :)

LOL!

Publix had an alfredo shrimp as their Apron meal one night this week it was so yum I made it at home but with a tomato based sauce instead and it was great! But I am super excited to have found this! Thanks so much!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lyncccox1
    lyncccox1 Posts: 9
    Options
    bump
  • mkmellem
    mkmellem Posts: 8
    Options
    This sounds fantastic. I will have to try it sometime this week. Thank you so much for the post!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am so making this ASAP. The only thing on the list I don't have is the cream cheese, but that's an easy problem to fix.

Thanks OP!
  • NancyFancyboy
    Options
    That sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it!
  • brigantinemimi
    Options
    Do you serve this on pasta and if so what type?
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! I dont eat Alfredo much but i usually buy the Classico jar, is that bad for you? By the way can someone tell me what Bump means? :smile:

bump is usually used for either pushing a topic back up on a list or ( in most cases) a way to save the discussion in your topics

--
    to the OP:
    sounds really good and easy, i will deff have to try this
  • emilyjmcg
    emilyjmcg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ah! I love alfredo, I have to try this!
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    Bump. Sounds amaaaaazing!
  • cunnine
    cunnine Posts: 52
    Options
    A must try. Thanks for posting
  • Effy826
    Effy826 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump. sounds delish!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. I make something similar but it is simply a little cream cheese, a little milk, and a little black pepper. Voila!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Am definitely going to make this tomorrow night. I am a big alfredo fan, so this is a must try!!!! Thanks`!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok Ok... we all look at low fat recipes and think that is just not going to taste as good, or for me I hate when people say "You can't even tell its "DIET"" WTF EVER.... but I'm going to have to eat my words because this alfredo sauce is DAMN good.. I found this on the internet and tweaked it a little to be even healthier.

This recipe will make roughly 2.5 cups, you can add more milk to make it go a little further if you have too. For 1/2 cup it is 157 calories. Which isnt bad compared to traditional alfredos...

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
    2 C fat free milk
    1/3 C (3 oz) fat free cream cheese
    1 1/2-2 Tbls flour
    1 tsp salt
    1 Tbls butter
    3 garlic cloves
    1 C grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Place milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. In a non-stick sauce pan, melt butter on med-high heat and add garlic. Let the garlic saute for about 30 seconds, you don’t want to burn it. (I'm not a big fan of Chunks of garlic, so after they sauted in the butter I scooped most of the garlic chunks out, but I left the garlic infused butter in the pan to add to the milk mixture)

Then add milk mixture to the pan. Stir constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes or until it just comes to a simmer. Keep stirring and let it cook for a few minutes more. It should be much thicker now.

When it’s nice and thickened remove the pan from the heat. Add the cheese, stir it up and then cover immediately. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before using. It will continue to thicken upon standing. Also, if you have leftovers in the fridge, the sauce will thicken almost into a solid. Just re-heat and add a little milk and it will be back to normal again.

Hope you enjoy as much as I have the last couple nights... feels like I'm cheating eatting this its that good.

I would use low fat cream cheese or neuftachel instead of fat free. I'm sorry but that fat free stuff tastes like foot, and I think having a little fat is worth the taste. But this is definitely going on my "to try" list.