Question for women that lift-new starter needs help!!

Options
Emagali74
Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
Hi all,

I have just strated strength training/lifting with a PT at a gym.

He has worked out a diet plan for me which involves upping my calories to around 2200 per day but he wants me to follow this programme 6 days a week and have a spike day.

I previously only did cardio and was maintaining at 1600 calories a day but wanted to tone up and strengthen my problem areas.

My question is-surely on the days you are not strength training (I am only doing this 3 times a week) then you should eat less than on the days you are strength training.... also is it ok to do cardio on your none-strength training days? He has recommended I cut the cardio by half but I would have though you should at least be doing the same amount of cardio if not more??? Im new to this and Im very confused. I have done very well losing weight eating a limited amount of carbs and am now panicking about both the increased calorie intake, the reduced cardio amount along with eating more carbs..... he seems to want me to eat every 3 hours but Im finding this impossible :0( any tips/help/advice woudl be greatly appreciated..... thanks xx

Emma xx

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    He's wanting you to keep your metabolism high and I'm guessing most of your cals are proteins. This could work for you. You gotta feed the machine. For strength training it's going to be much more of what you eat than it was when you were just counting cals.