Single mom, grad student looking for friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• NeshyWeshy
    NeshyWeshy Posts: 2
    Options
    Add me! I'm trying this again...also a single mom to a 9 yr old feisty lil girl. Working two "jobs" focused in a career of Social Services (adults whom have been dually diagnosed with devolopment disabilities), just trying to stay afloat. Good Luck!!
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    Wow, who knew there were so many single parents/students/Midwesterners on here! Thanks for the support everyone! I'm glad other people understand what I'm going through here. :)
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    Lol, same as yours. Clinical psychology. Licensed for about 2.5 years now :).

Nice! :)
  • mjoekidd
    mjoekidd Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi Rachel, my name is Joe. I am also a graduate student so I understand how demanding it can be at times. I would be happy to join your support group on MFP. I will send you a request.

Joe
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I also know what it's like to try to balance it all. I work full-time, have a 10 year old, and just finished my M.Ed (my graduation ceremony is a week from tomorrow - whee!!). Squeezing in working out too was a challenge when there are only so many hours in the day, but I made it a priority and have stuck with it for almost a year.
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Rachel I am headed back to grad school. I took a break after baby #2. Now I'm working on losing that weight too. I am a little concerned about balancing life while going back to school. I know that being healthy will make life so much easier. Feel free to add me I'm building support as well.
  • rachelthefinn
    Options
    Yeah, as far as balance goes, I am taking an extra year now just so I can build some healthy habits and actually spend time away from school before going off to a busy internship. It's definitely hard to find balance, and I keep reminding myself of the quote by Jackie O., something like, "If you don't raise your kids well, I don't think anything else you do really matters." I try to keep that in mind!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Interesting. My sons school is telling me he may have add, and he's five. Very stressed out, came across this post. Friend request sent. I'm 32 divorced mom in new Orleans.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    <-- Doing my Ph.D. now. Just finished my second round of quals and studying for rounds 3 and 4. Round 5 in August, then I'll be in the home stretch!

I can't imagine doing this with a child, so my hat is off to you girl!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI ! Busy working mom of 2 kids so I know the feeling. MFP has been awesome. I love it. Feel free to add me. I'm on here a lot. Good luck in your journey!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel! I'm about to become a grad student in the fall but I just graduated in December, so I know how busy student life can be. In fact, that's how I gained my weight! lol Please feel free to add me. I'm an MFP regular and I'm always happy to be and/or have new friends! Welcome! :flowerforyou: