Summer BBQs and weight loss

Options
I would like to know how everyone else is handling the parties and BBQ s. I'm sad to say that with graduations parties and BBQ s I've put on 2 lbs since June. I've been able to maintain my weight right now but I seem to be going backwards. I'm still exercising, maybe only 3x a week instead of the 5 that I used to do. I've taken on a summer job and I try to incorporate some type of exercise while I work.

Any ideas?

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    One thing I do is if there are more than one desert I only pick one and only have a small piece. Or have very small portions of say two different ones. Now I'm talking very small portions like a bite each. Just enough for a taste. Also for me to help me limit is I stay away from anything store bought or not made from scratch. If someone is saying this is made with a box cake mix I just pass on it. This really helps me limit.

I do the same with pasta and potato salads. Try to get as much greens and vegies with small amounts of dressing.

I'm also trying to keep up with exercise. Went for a walk this morning and for me Sat & Sun walks are bonus. I usually only plan cardio 5 days a week. Strength training 3.

I'll be interested to see what others are doing since we are going to a BBQ today. And still have two graduation parties coming up in the next few weeks.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    most bbq's somebody brings salad and a veggie/fruit platter so I tend to stick to that.
    I also find out what kind of meat they are cooking up and if it is something I shouldn't be having then I bring my own and nobody has ever gotten upset about cooking it on the bbq for me with the rest of the food.
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    do you like turkey burgers? how about bringing a package with you? some other people might like them too!
  • SexySize9
    SexySize9 Posts: 43
    Options
    Well my fitness pal pals, I survived the BBQ, I brought my own veggie burger (there were only burgers, chicken and dogs) and I hung out at the table with the veggies and fruit. I did an extra 30 min on the treadmill this morning and I didn't even use them. I also filled up on water, I limited myself to 2 drinks and still managed to avoid the snack table.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    very awesome!!!! great job :)