Breakfast for the office

Options
Every Friday the people in our office takes turns bringing breakfast for everyone. This Friday is my turn. I would like to make something healthy but also something that will still appeal to everyone. Any suggestions?

Replies

• nmmoore1979
    nmmoore1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fruit, greek, yogurt and granola??

healthy egg casserole?
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Can you bring a mixture, for example a fresh fruit salad and then bagels or bagel thins for people that may not want fruit. We recently had someone bring in low fat yogurt, different berries (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry) and granolas to make our own parfaits.
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    Mini quiches? If you use muffin tins, you can portion control them. Use different add-ons like spinach/feta, ham/cheese, etc.
  • Nanou1975
    Nanou1975 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How about egg white omellet (possibly a western type with green and red peppers, celery, oignons, low fat cheese and fresh herbs) , fresh fruit salad and low fat mini muffins?
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yogurt would be my choice, but maybe some of those bagels that are 110 calories with some light cream cheese or laughing cow cheese as well. I know that 'before' I changed my life I would have went for the bagel every time, and fruit wasn't even a word I knew... sad I know.

You could also make pumpkin muffins they are like 50 calories a muffin and it is only a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix. Those are the only two ingredients and they are so yummy!!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    You can still have bacon sandwiches well within 'breakfast' calorie limits. 2 x grilled bacon rashers and two slices on unbuttered bread comes to about 360 cals - you could even thrown in some tomato and lettuce too! ; )

For practicality though, I would bring in fritatta. You could make a spanish version with onion and potato - super filling and little cals. : )
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    How many people are we talking about? I like to make egg omelets in muffin tins. Usually two/ person with some fruit is a good serving. You can make some with meat and some with veggies for a variety. Fill muffin tins half full with meats, veggies, cheese, etc. Mix 1 dozen eggs w/ 1 tsp. baking powder per dozen muffins and pour over top. Bake for 20 min at 350.
  • mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There will be 6 people here on friday.

These are all great ideas. Thanks so much.