Need Snack ideas for the road

Options
Hello all my MFP peeps!! I will be going out of town tomorrow for a week. I am driving from Florida to Texas, (about 18 hours). I need some advise on snacks that I should pack for the road. I am really bad at snacking, Looking for healthy low carb foods.

Thanks in Advance
Jackie

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and grapes in a cooler, almonds, rice cakes (maybe with some low fat PB), puffed rice cereal, McDonald's snack wrap with sauce and throw away the extra tortilla shell, chunked ice cubes from convenience stores.

I'll post if I think of anything else.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Vegetables:
    Carrot, cucumber, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes can be eaten in abundance. For the cals you save from them you can get yourself a nice dip for them too.

You can roast chick-peas in the oven.

Popcorn - dry-popped without oil in the microwave works out at around 30 cals a cup and you can add salt or sweetener to taste.
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the advise!!!
  • socalgirl68
    socalgirl68 Posts: 85
    Options
    Apples, bananas, grapes, celery, carrots, oranges, and peaches hold up fine without a fridge.
    Larabars are great for the road. Beef jerky and boiled chicken breast for protein. You should shake up a protein powder with some water OR they have little packages of almond/rice/coconut milk.
    DON"T get Mcdonald's. bad bad bad! haha :P
    They have packages of almond butter too. Get some of those for fat.
    Luna protein bars are decent too.
    have fun (: