first, 215 to 160 (42 to 33)

Options
15 years ago. Kept it off with a mix of diet and exercise. I actually dropped down to 149, but I was at a job where I was on my feet 8 hours a day, and still eating like a bird.

At first, I was real anal about getting all the weight off in a fast fashion. So, with a calorie count of 900-1200 and 1.5g of fat a day, I was able to drop 45# in two months (with the waist size going from a near 44 down to a 34).

Probably a little fast you say. Most likely. Those stories usually lead to a yo-yo affect, with even more weight goes on..

That was 15+ years ago. The highest I've gotten to (another blog) has been 172.

In addition to losing the weight, you have to get a new mindset about what food you put in your body, and think, "do I want to go through this again??" My answer has been a resounding "no". The food changes HAVE to become part of your life. You can't go back to eating like you used to do. You've seen the results... Larger waist sizes, medical complications, so on and so forth.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!