Do you add salad and vegetables on your mfp food log??

Options

Replies

• kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I track everything. I don't want to get in a habit of not tracking something because I think it's minimal calories. If I started a habit like that, next thing I know, I'm not tracking that spoonful of ice cream or that one bite of cake...
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have done WW in the long ago past and yes, those are "free" vegetables. However, WW doesn't count calories. We are counting calories so, everything counts.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat goes into my Journal, I don't understand the "these are free foods approach" I feel that you have to for nutritional purposes and also for looking back on your journal. I think someone said earlier they log the good the bad and the ugly, I think this is the best aproach.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log it all :smile: I personally find the more accurate I am logging, the better my weightloss.
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing, no matter what.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The only thing I usually forget to track is my water.. everything else I track. If I drink an Iced tea I don't track it because its 0 calories without any sweeteners. The vegetables really isn't taking away from your calories much I think a cup of shredded lettuce is only 5 cals.
  • mdmchoco
    mdmchoco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I log everything so I can also refer back to what I ate on good or bad days and to see which meals work and which do not. I am also following some of my nutrients.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This is mfp, not weight watchers. Almost everything you put in your mouth has calories, and if it has calories it counts.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Yes. They aren't calorie free.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    This is mfp, not weight watchers. Almost everything you put in your mouth has calories, and if it has calories it counts.

:drinker:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    meme.png
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question, out of curiousity, I hadn't been logging any fruit and veggies....I decided I will log the fruits, but not the veggies from now on. It's working for me. That is all

I was going to disagree with you until I saw the pic of you holding that nice piece of weaponry. Then I decided you were right.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Generally yes, but if I make a salad that is mostly lettuce with a few tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, etc . thrown in, I do not kill myself trying to get an exact calorie count for a tablespoon of this, and a quarter cup of that. It would take me all day to log my food that way.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie. If I eat it, I log it.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I do but it's because I often eat several hundred or more calories of these foods a day!

This exactly!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes! Every single gram. :flowerforyou:
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    Yes. I add everything to my food log. I like to keep track of nutrient levels. Besides, I can be obsessive-compulsive, and that might factor in as well. :smile:
  • Malgorzata79
    Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I enter everything in. Water-fruits-veggies-meals-snacks - everything. In order for you to keep track of your calories - everything should be logged in.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I record it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

ditto