Track vs road running

Options
Does anyone know if there is a reason for my calves to hurt soo much more after a track training sessions compared to a road sessions? Is this a common phenomenon or is it just me?

Thanks

Replies

• SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Grass track?
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is a reason for my calves to hurt soo much more after a track training sessions compared to a road sessions? Is this a common phenomenon or is it just me?

Thanks
    Runners who run regularly on a canted surface can develop problems so they're advised against running only on that surface but I've not heard of anything where running on a track is worse than running on a road. In fact, the surface of a track gives more than the asphalt which is "softer" than concrete.

Dunno why you'd have problems. Is it, perhaps, because you're more comfortable on the track so you're running faster?
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Could be the camber.

I'm more sore after a track workout but that's because it's, well, a track workout....speed play always leaves me sore.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    increased speed and more turning tends to make your calves more sore as well. I get this after track sessions on a flat track. We also do drills beforehand and those can tweak the ol' calves if you aren't careful