calories earned Question

Options
Hello ~
I entered the ecersices I have done and my total calories goes up with the calories burned added. Am I supposed to eat them or not? I'm thinking no, in order to lose weight?
Probably a dumb question...Help!
Thanks
MARA

Replies

• lucasmom
    Options
    Hello ~
    I entered the ecersices I have done and my total calories goes up with the calories burned added. Am I supposed to eat them or not? I'm thinking no, in order to lose weight?
    Probably a dumb question...Help!
    Thanks
    MARA
  • avr1321
    Options
    thats totally not a dumb question. its confusing.
    my fitness pal already gives you a calorie deficit - if you got to "my home" and click goals its on the side of the screen in red. so if you don't do extra excersice and just eat YOUR set amount of calories you will burn that many calories (the ones in the red). so if you work out you'll burn more, but you should prob eat at least some of those calories back .

example - if your daily deficit is 300 calories and then you burn 200 thats 200 extra calories for you to lose or eat. so if you eat 100 then you get 100 extra calories that you burn. wow thats even confusing i'm sure. if you read over it a couple times hopefully you'll get it! good luck!:bigsmile:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    i'm so confused about that. so If mine says 700 (in red) at the moment, what does that mean?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    i'm so confused about that. so If mine says 700 (in red) at the moment, what does that mean?

That's how many you have left. Enjoy!
  • Rina24fan
    Rina24fan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a very confusing concept to understand....but yes eat what you burn.

When you set up yours goals you will see there is a place to tell my fitness pal what you weight now, what you want to weigh and how much activity you do in your every day life (like if you are a nurse or just sit at a desk),how often you plan on working out and how much you want to loose in a week.

When you do that it will bring up a chart that says OK to loose XX amount of weight you can eat XXXX amount of calories per day.

If you want to maintain the weight you are you can eat what it says as your normal calories burned per day.
    Net calories consumed is what you need to eat to loose weight
    and the daily calorie deficit is what you loose.

When you add in excerise that gives back calories you can now eat. And as said before you need to feed the machine so it has the fuel to burn those calories. And if you don't it will go into starvation mode and store the fat for later.

So what I did was figure out on a daily basis about how much I actually burn in exercise and how much I'm allowed to eat daily and add it together. (do about the same routine at the gym every day, just change up the cardio exercise every other day)
    So if I get 1200 calories in a day and burn 300 with exercise I get 1500 calories to eat.
    I then think of it over 5 meals.
    I use 200 for breakfast, 300 for lunch, 150 for mid afternoon/pre-workout snack, 600-700 for dinner and 150 for night time snack.
    And I have seen some good results.
    I can also can save some calories on the snacks and add then for the dinner if we are going out.

Hard part is adjusting your snacks to something healthy. I have found that the 100 calories packs of cookies are the best. Gives you just enough cookie/chocolate to tame the beast withhin. LOL

GOOD LUCK!!!