INSANITY ADVICE

Options
GEE1241
GEE1241 Posts: 32 Member
HI MY NAME IS GINA IM 27 YEARS OLD FROM GREAT NECK NY. TODAY IS MY SECOND DAY OF INSANITY! I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE TRIED IT ALONG WITH MY FITNESS PAL. RIGHT NOW MY DAILY CALORIE INTAKE IS 1200. DO I HAVE TO EAT MORE CALORIES! I KNOW THIS PROGRAM JUST GAVE ME MORE CALORIES FOR THE DAY. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT! WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE DVDS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!! IF ANYONE ELSE IS ON 1200 CALORIES LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU EAT IN A DAY. MY BACKGROUND IS GREEK AND ITALIAN (SO MY FAMILY SHOWS SO THEIR LOVE THRU FOOD) I HAVE BEEN A YOYO DIETERS FOR YEARS . LOOKING FOR ADVICE AND SUPPORT !!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS GEE

Replies

• tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Based solely on the info you provided, I would say def eat more calories. Inasanity is no joke and you will not be able to keep up the energy levels to complete it if you do not eat more. Search the groups section for Beachbody, Insanity and P90x. There are a bunch of us that have done them and would be happy to offer support.
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Errr.. I am not at the Insanity level yet .. I have done a couple of the P90X workouts that nearly killed me .. But I have the Shaun T (same guy) Hip Hop Abs and it is really fun .. easy to do and good work outs for days when you aren't feeling INSANE ! lol ..
    I would say def eat more .. especially Proteins.
    Have fun !
  • taplgb0122
    taplgb0122 Posts: 1
    Options
    You DEFINITELY need more calories because your body is going to run out of nutrients to burn at a certain point and your body will go into starvation mode which will slow down your metabolism. I did Insanity very strictly for all 60 days, and only lost about a 1/2 inch. I didn't see hardly ANY results which was very disturbing! My husband did it with me and didn't see many results either. You think you will at least lose one dress size. Anyway, maybe/hopefully your experience will be different! However, I did gain a wealth of endurance and stamina. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you!
  • ttate002
    ttate002 Posts: 54
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS GINA IM 27 YEARS OLD FROM GREAT NECK NY. TODAY IS MY SECOND DAY OF INSANITY! I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE TRIED IT ALONG WITH MY FITNESS PAL. RIGHT NOW MY DAILY CALORIE INTAKE IS 1200. DO I HAVE TO EAT MORE CALORIES! I KNOW THIS PROGRAM JUST GAVE ME MORE CALORIES FOR THE DAY. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT! WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE DVDS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!! IF ANYONE ELSE IS ON 1200 CALORIES LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU EAT IN A DAY. MY BACKGROUND IS GREEK AND ITALIAN (SO MY FAMILY SHOWS SO THEIR LOVE THRU FOOD) I HAVE BEEN A YOYO DIETERS FOR YEARS . LOOKING FOR ADVICE AND SUPPORT !!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS GEE

I am semi-following the eating plan and had an intake of over 1500 calories. I tried following it to the tee, but I needed more calories (I am over 200 lbs.). I got dizzy and nauseated like 3 times yesterday, so I ate more and will continue eating more except on the one rest day. Only if it's greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, a protein shake, or a handful of almonds, please eat, so you don't get sick and suffer from burn out. I ate a bowl of bran cereal with raisins, bananas, and almond milk for the extra calories. It tasted SO good and I felt better instantly!