gaining weight from the gym

Options
Hi I'm 21 years old and 5'5 tall. I had been going to the gym for the past 2 months. I initially lost 2.5 pounds (150-> 147.5) but now I'm still around 148 pounds. I usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've also been having a calorie deficit of around 200+-300+ in most days and around 2 x a week i'll be over by 500 calories. My daily calorie intake goal is 1600 and I eat usually same or less so I don't know why I seem to be in a plateau or maybe even gaining weight. My stomach is also bulkier than before so i dunno what i'm doing wrong :(

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You could just be gaining muscle, which is a likely possibility. Just stick with it and remember to eat clean :smile:

Also, if you want support feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Yeah, it's most likely muscle. My trainer at the gym told me to weigh myself only once a month and focus more on my size than my scale, as a pound of muscle is a lot leaner than a pound of fat. As a scale addict, it's hard to stay away sometimes but I'll do my best and maybe I'll surprise myself at the weigh in at the end of the month. :)