Completed my 1st 10K!!!!

Options
I have only run a 5K but have signed up for Team in Training (1/2 marathon) in September. I wanted to run a 10K and found one back in my hometown. My cousin is also new to running and signed up for the 5K part of the race. :drinker:

She lived about 5 blocks from the race so we woke up at six, took a nice walk, got our bibs and headed back home. I squealed when I got my bib number and it had a 7 in it. My first bib was a 77. I want to continue this streak! :happy:

We ate a good breakfast. Ive discovered my power meal: honey nut cheerios, a banana and a cup of coffee!! I run so well when I eat this! :bigsmile:

This race was pretty big about 1500 runners. There were all types of people there and we were running through a community so everyone had their lawn chairs out to cheer us on!!

The first mile is always the warm up so we just chatted and talked about how funny it was to run through our hometown and how beautiful the weather was. Then we hit Mile 1 and my cousin is estatic--here I find out thats all she has run! I was in shock! :noway: So I knew then that I had to slow my pace and just get her through the next two miles. It was so funny though because we got to mile 2 and I pointed it out to her--she was so excited to be passing it!

We had a stretch of an incline that she struggled with but I kept on her and then we went through another residental area where they were cheering us on! I loved it so much! I think I said good morning to every single person. I even joked with a cop who was leaning on his patrol car that that was mean as I was running my *kitten* off!! hehe! He hopped right up! :laugh:

We finished great--38 minutes and her boyfriend finished the last 2 minutes with her! I had to get 6 miles in today so I just kept running. What a surreal moment to complete a 5K and then just keep running knowing I have to do it again! I was so pumped that moment when I saw how far Ive come in just a month since I completed my first 5K!

I then completed the 2nd half in 34 minutes. So my final time was 1:12. I really wanted to finish in 60 m as I have done that before but I was seriously so happy just to run with my cousin that it didnt matter!! Now off to research our next race together!! :):drinker:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all your support/encouragement/motivation! I :heart: this board!!

]

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    WOW CONGRATZ WAY TO GO:flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can feel your excitement!!! It is a great feeling!! Great job! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats...I'm so happy for you and your cousin!