Green tea before working out...

Options
TByrd1325
TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
So I got some Celestial green tea today. I've never drank it before. But I drank it right before an intense workout. Afterward I felt really strange.. not sick or anything. It's hard to describe. It was like bad anxiety? I never drink caffeine. I haven't had caffeine in a couple of months. Maybe I had a caffeine overload? Lol. Has this ever happened to any of y'all or just a weird reaction?

Replies

• Arianna01
    Arianna01 Posts: 1
    Options
    don't be so quick to blame it on the green tea, it could have been the work out or maybe dehydration.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way after drinking caffeine (not after working out though). After too much caffeine I feel anxious and jittery sometimes. But I wouldn't neccessarily blame it on the green tea. Tea has very, very little caffeine. Did you feel nausious (sp?) at all? You could have been dehydrated.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I didn't feel nauseous. I think I must have been dehydrated. My mouth was pretty dry during the workout. I remember being thirsty but not stopping to really just drink some water and rest for a second. Next time I will definatly pause the dvd. I don't want to feel that way again, ugh.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It is reccommended that you drink 8-16 oz of water before you ever start your workout. On gym days I time is for 1 hour before and start sipping. Then I make sure a 16 oz bottle is gone before my workout is over.

Lack of food will do it to. 1/2 banana and 1 tbls of peanut butter 30-60 min before a workout and I dont have that jittery feeling.

:drinker: