friggin backyard bbq's

Options
2»

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my test but I already know all that will be served so I can avoid. Tomorrow will be a test for vacation next week! Wish luck!:wink:

Good for you!! Planning ahead!! Drink lots of water!
    Happy Vacation! :flowerforyou:
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ok..not to be a wet blanket, BUT.......did the host hold you down and shove the food
    down your throat???? Don't whine, you made the choice, now you pay the price.
    Next time, plan ahead. Take your own chicken, salad, etc. That's what I'm doing
    tomorrow. Host already said they were doing ribs and dogs. So I volunteered to
    do chicken, veggie kabobs and a fruit plate. And for dessert........angel food cake
    and fat free cool whip. Your choices are yours........you have to live with them.

And on a happier note.........Happy Birthday America! God Bless the USA!! :drinker:

If you don't want to be a wet blanket, then don't:wink: I wasn't whining and never said someone forced me to eat anything, just saying how hard it is when you are invited to things (which btw was last minute and I didn't have a chance to bring anything, it's not a holiday here and this wasn't planned)
    Thought it would be nice to talk to people who would understand instead of all the people who were around me stuffing their faces.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Ok..not to be a wet blanket, BUT.......did the host hold you down and shove the food
    do chicken, veggie kabobs and a fruit plate. And for dessert........angel food cake
    and fat free cool whip. Your choices are yours........you have to live with them.

And on a happier note.........Happy Birthday America! God Bless the USA!! :drinker:

Congratulations on making what you consider healthy choices. I don't personally consider cool whip healthy, chemicals aren't really a food group.

I went back and read the entire thread, I guess I missed the part where there was whining.

Your post sounds condescending and rude. I hope that isn't how it was intended. Maybe you should think about what comes out of your mouth as carefully as you are thinking about what you put into it.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I ate and drank and enjoyed myself....everyone needs a day off once in a while! :drinker: I did prepare for it though by taking a hardcode cardio kickboxing class in the morning, and I did lots of swimming and playing with the kids in the pool...I am so sore today! :laugh:

Today is a new day and I'm back on the wagon. :flowerforyou:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sorry..........wasn't trying to be rude.........

Everyone deserves a day off..........I'm being very strict with myself this go around.
    I shouldn't take it out on others
    :cry:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Congratulations on making what you consider healthy choices. I don't personally consider cool whip healthy, chemicals aren't really a food group.

I went back and read the entire thread, I guess I missed the part where there was whining.

Your post sounds condescending and rude. I hope that isn't how it was intended. Maybe you should think about what comes out of your mouth as carefully as you are thinking about what you put into it.

I guess the reference to Cool Whip just proves there is a little Dave198 floating around the site even after his departure:smile:

Seriously, I had steak and salad for dinner, along with 2 ears of corn on the cob:love: , a dinner roll and about 3 glasses of shiraz, not to mention the Michelob Ultra Lime and the rum cocktain before dinner:drinker:

I am still down a pound for 3 reasons--1) I walked 5.5 miles on July 3rd; 2) I went easy on calories on the 3rd and earlier in the day on the 4th; and 3) After I enjoyed my barbeque at a friend's house and watched the neighborhood blowng itself up with fireworks, I came home, check on my canine babies safely sleeping in a noiseproofed environment, drank a glass of water, and went out for another 3 mile walk!

I feel for those who are kicking themselves:cry: for the choices they made, but today is a new day, so all we can do is learn from our mistakes, PLAN, make better choices and keep moving!! :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!:explode: <the closest emoticon we have to a firecracker around here is the one for "explode" :bigsmile:
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options

I guess the reference to Cool Whip just proves there is a little Dave198 floating around the site even after his departure:smile:

Seriously, I had steak and salad for dinner, along with 2 ears of corn on the cob:love: , a dinner roll and about 3 glasses of shiraz, not to mention the Michelob Ultra Lime and the rum cocktain before dinner:drinker:

I am still down a pound for 3 reasons--1) I walked 5.5 miles on July 3rd; 2) I went easy on calories on the 3rd and earlier in the day on the 4th; and 3) After I enjoyed my barbeque at a friend's house and watched the neighborhood blowng itself up with fireworks, I came home, check on my canine babies safely sleeping in a noiseproofed environment, drank a glass of water, and went out for another 3 mile walk!

I feel for those who are kicking themselves:cry: for the choices they made, but today is a new day, so all we can do is learn from our mistakes, PLAN, make better choices and keep moving!! :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!:explode: <the closest emoticon we have to a firecracker around here is the one for "explode" :bigsmile:

The cool whip reference came from here, http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience/story/16-what_s_inside_your_fridge_.html