Can we clear this up

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
MEAT EATERS
Ok so you eat meat and someone said something rude to you because they are a vegetarian, vegan or pescetarian, and you feel like they were looking down on you (honestly if they were rude about it then they probably were) Please don't tar the rest of us with the same brush because ONE rogue vegetarian/vegan butthead decides to be act like a crotch pheasant and put their nose where it doesn't belong, spouting what comes across like uppity views.
On the flip side please don't ask a vegetarian and vegan why they eat like they do if you don't really want to know ,you just wanna be a prick, and ask a bunch of stupid questions like isn't not eating meat really what's cruel? How are you even healthy? and talking nonsense like I could NEVER give up meat because I have to have that classic bacon burger at Wendy's. Yes you COULD you just don't want to and that is just fine. Or saying stuff like god put the animals here for us to eat. All of this sounds stupid and it is not going to bring a vegan/vegetarian back from not eating meat, how they eat is not your choice or you business for that matter.

Now onto the veggies

VEGETARIANS/VEGANS/PESCETARIANS
So people ask you questions over and over and over again and you know it's really just to get a rise out of you and try to make you feel like you are wrong for eating differently from them. F$#% em, unless they are sincere of course. Tell them you don't discuss your diet with others and don't play that little game.
On the flipside Don't be one of those that acts like they are better than others because of the way they eat. I really doubt any uppity vegan, vegetarian or what have you who has gone around verbally looking down on others for their diet has ever done any good with converting someone. In fact that person probably went home and had a big juicy steak out of spite. You know people automatically think of vegans/vegetarians being like that because of the bad apples that went around doing that giving the rest of us a bad name, I have seen my fair share of them on MFP.

To me people and their diets are similar to cats, you can't make a cat do something until it's the cat's idea to do it.
oh and NO diet style is healthier or better than the other. All the studies you have read go back and forth and back and forth depending on which side is benefiting from them. Do what feels good to you and your body and the hell with everybody else.
It's your life and your diet.

Okay now I know this didn't really make much of a difference and probably won't change anything around here......................................but at least I feel better :)

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    "crotch pheasent"

is my new favorite phrase for today

thank you

carry on
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Crotch Pheasant = awesome!

New favorite thing to call people. Thanks OP!

Oh, and I agree, I don't look at anyone differently or judge them or bash them based on their diet. If you are vegan etc., more power to ya!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

I don't eat meat because I have fewer stomach problems and my poops are easier. I wish it was for a more noble cause, as I'm fond of the taste of moral superiority. I respect others' moral stance, and agree that not all vegans are uppity. Some are merely pompous. (I kid, because I care)

Sometimes, on road trips, I'll pull over and yell at cows, call them names. Because I don't want them to think they're special just because I'm not eating them. Pigs don't listen, so I don't bother.

Thing is, I don't care what you eat, who you sleep with, who you pray to - UNLESS you are trying to convert me. I'll listen, but only so far.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    kenneth this is why I love you.

Every time I drive through a field of cows, I shall think of you, and chuckle.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

I don't eat meat because I have fewer stomach problems and my poops are easier. I wish it was for a more noble cause, as I'm fond of the taste of moral superiority. I respect others' moral stance, and agree that not all vegans are uppity. Some are merely pompous. (I kid, because I care)

Sometimes, on road trips, I'll pull over and yell at cows, call them names. Because I don't want them to think they're special just because I'm not eating them. Pigs don't listen, so I don't bother.

Thing is, I don't care what you eat, who you sleep with, who you pray to - UNLESS you are trying to convert me. I'll listen, but only so far.

*LOVE* *SWOON* *THIS!!!!*
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Also, Emmy, fantastic post!!!!! Love it.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Vegans can have the moral high ground - that's fine with me.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    PREACH!

I don't care what you eat, as long as it's not human babies...ok, there are probably other things I'd object to, but you get my point. Whatever works for YOU and whatever keeps YOU healthy is totally cool. I know what works for me, so don't try to tell me that the grilled chicken I just ate is going to kill me or makes me a monster who hates animals.

I honestly could care less what other people eat/don't eat and why they're eating (or not eating) it. It's like forcing a religion on somebody. Believe what you wanna believe, just don't shove it down my throat, and we'll all get along just fine!
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    haaaaa! crotch pheasant! also, yeah, well said, although I venture it could be stated as "chillllll, y'all" but yours is more eloquent :)
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Being on both sides of the fence at one point or another in my life I've never preached my case to others as it's my choice but, I would eat something that pissed one side or the other off out of SPITE if they were trying to force their beliefs on me. It works for me, even says it on my profile.

Live and let live. Don't tread on me, life is too short Peeps.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    "crotch pheasent"

thank you

carry on

Ditto!
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    my wife is a vegan and i'm a bodybuilder. i joke with her that for every animal she saves, I eat 3. But in reality, I respect her decision and she respects mine
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    lol, glad you got that out....

I did some research to find that you can be healthy on a Vegan Diet and that some people are built for it. the evolution of the species stuff. most people don't really need meat to live as there are a lot of other ways to get what your body needs.

I on the other hand am a meat eater, I've had some real summers eve vegan/vegetarian friends and some really cool laid back ones.

I've found the diet that works for me as an individual and that's all that really matters to me.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    my wife is a vegan and i'm a bodybuilder. i joke with her that for every animal she saves, I eat 3. But in reality, I respect her decision and she respects mine

You are opening yourself up for a lot of immature jokes about tube steaks and vegan wives, but luckily we on MFP are too mature to be so inappropriate haha ;) But I think it is awesome that you and your wife make it work, love conquers.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Yeah.

I love you. I had my headphones on while reading this at work and I forgot where I was for a second and started laughing so hard and so loud. Half my office came out of their rooms. Thank you.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Imma have to use this one at home LOL!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    "crotch pheasent"

thank you

carry on

Ditto!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    MEAT EATERS
    Ok so you eat meat and someone said something rude to you because they are a vegetarian, vegan or pescetarian, and you feel like they were looking down on you (honestly if they were rude about it then they probably were) Please don't tar the rest of us with the same brush because ONE rogue vegetarian/vegan butthead decides to be act like a crotch pheasant and put their nose where it doesn't belong, spouting what comes across like uppity views.
    On the flip side please don't ask a vegetarian and vegan why they eat like they do if you don't really want to know ,you just wanna be a prick, and ask a bunch of stupid questions like isn't not eating meat really what's cruel? How are you even healthy? and talking nonsense like I could NEVER give up meat because I have to have that classic bacon burger at Wendy's. Yes you COULD you just don't want to and that is just fine. Or saying stuff like god put the animals here for us to eat. All of this sounds stupid and it is not going to bring a vegan/vegetarian back from not eating meat, how they eat is not your choice or you business for that matter.

Now onto the veggies

So people ask you questions over and over and over again and you know it's really just to get a rise out of you and try to make you feel like you are wrong for eating differently from them. F$#% em, unless they are sincere of course. Tell them you don't discuss your diet with others and don't play that little game.
    On the flipside Don't be one of those that acts like they are better than others because of the way they eat. I really doubt any uppity vegan, vegetarian or what have you who has gone around verbally looking down on others for their diet has ever done any good with converting someone. In fact that person probably went home and had a big juicy steak out of spite. You know people automatically think of vegans/vegetarians being like that because of the bad apples that went around doing that giving the rest of us a bad name, I have seen my fair share of them on MFP.

To me people and their diets are similar to cats, you can't make a cat do something until it's the cat's idea to do it.
    oh and NO diet style is healthier or better than the other. All the studies you have read go back and forth and back and forth depending on which side is benefiting from them. Do what feels good to you and your body and the hell with everybody else.

Okay now I know this didn't really make much of a difference and probably won't change anything around here......................................but at least I feel better :)

stop trying to kill the internet
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    MEAT EATERS

Now onto the veggies

stop trying to kill the internet

:laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    love this! I eat what I want and could care less what others are eating. I'm sure not ever going to question a vegetarian, vegan or pescetarian as to their reasons. If I ask, it is out of curiousity, not disgust or judgment. I'm genuinely interested. I also wouldn't go so far as to say my lifestyle is healthier than anyone else's. To each his or her own. Happy eating!
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options

THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: Thank you