NEWBIE IN NEED OF SOME SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS!!

Options
Hello All!!! This is my first time writing so Im new to this stuff but here is my story. I am New to MFP. I am a 25 year old mother of 2 ages 7 & 3 from Miami, Fl. While pregnant with my first born I gained 70+ pounds and every since then it has been a struggle trying to get the weight off. I have reached my heaviest weight ever of 262. Before I got pregnant I was around 155-160lbs. I was very confident and very proud of the way I looked. I was able to go in any store and fit just about anything I tried on.

Now it has gotten to the point where I don't even want to look at myself in the mirror. I am disgusted with how my clothes fit and my overall appearance. My 3 year old would come up to me, pull up my shirt and play with my gut lol. I laugh to keep from crying. It hurts to know that I cant play with my kids how I want because I get shortness of breath, get tired easily, or Im just plain grumpy. I have so many ailments because of my weight. My doctor recently prescribed me Phentermine 30ML because I am considered morbidly obese. I don't want to be judged because I am taking this. I have lost 17lbs so far with much more to go. I would love the supprt of others as I go through this lonely journey!!

Replies

• hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello. I'm from West Palm Beach, FL (currently live in GA). I'm a 36 yr old wife and stay-at-home mother of 4 children. Over the summer I will be on here pretty often. Feel free to add me as a friend. Much luck to you!!!!
  • hoofingchick
    hoofingchick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new too, so Hello. Firstly thanks for sharing your story. Having kids can totally turn your world upside down both in fantastically good ways but also, when it comes to your body, horrible ways. Being on here is a good step to taking control and getting to a place you are happy with, both emotionally and physically. You've already lost loads.

My kids are 6 & 4, with the first I put on 84 pounds going up to 210 pounds. It's taken 4 years to shift and it's even harder to maintain but i've done it, this is my second time on here as I began creeping up again. The stretch marks i've got are the worst i've seen but i guess not many people show you the bad ones. These changes to our motherly bodies is just plain mean and makes us feel horrid about ourselves. BUT look at the amazing beautiful little people we get in return.

Getting support from others and being more concious about what I eat from filling in the diary really helps. The problem with being a mum is constantly being around food, kids who like to eat little and often or dont finish a meal and sometimes just plain boredom at being at home all day. Breaking the routine of mindless eating, using a pedometre and drinking lots fizzy water instead of cans or juice helped me.

Take every day as a step forward, keep as active as you can and come on here when ever you feel the urge to eat something unhealthy.

Hope that helps
    x
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome!! Similiar story, except having children. I gained weight because I like food! :) The little time I have been here, I have changed alot of my eating habits and making it a permanent change of life. Don't get discouraged! Great supporters on here as myself. Please add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi, from miami too currently in the panhandle. i gained 40 with my last child and 80 after my hysterectomy. Its a challenge getting in shape but this is a gerat place to get it done. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • MadeInDade305
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I added you all!
  • MadeInDade305
    Options
    The food logging has made a HUGE difference in my weight loss. People tend to think because Im taking medication that its some type of miracle pill but I actually hace put in alot of hard work and effort. It gets tough along the way but with a little encouragment and push every now and then I think I can make it :)