Nice to meet you

Options
Okay, so I'm sure some of you might look at my picture and feel resentful that I'm making use of this website...I'm not heavy, but I assure you I have a reasonable goal that I want to meet. I'm only 120ish lbs, but I'm over 23% fat. I find it unbearable that I'm one of those skinny fat girls...look great in a t-shirt and jeans, but take me out of those...eh, I'm all squishy! I know that, along with exercising my muscles, I need to shed some fat in order to appear more tone. It's as simple as that! I realized that I never pay much attention to what is going into my mouth and I plateaued about two years ago at this weight. Whatever worked for me before (going from 140-120) simply isn't enough anymore. So, I'm using the awesome food diary to make sure I'm eating the right things and not filling myself with empty calories all day. So far, it's been a great help. I was just under 20% fat last time I checked and it feels good. So, it's really nice to meet so many people striving for such a difficult goal. I struggled forever with my weight and only succeeded when I was thrust into a physically demanding job. Best of luck to everyone and it's really nice to meet all of you.

-Erin

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Erin I doubt anyone will resent you using the web site. It is for everyone trying to take control over their own body, whether it is to lose weight, maintain or gain weight. You have done really well and it is great that you still want to tone up. You will find everyone here supportive and helpful and even inspiring. Welcome to mfp I am happy you are here:flowerforyou:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree...I not only want to get skinny...I want lots and lots of muscle...My goal is to be a lightweight bodybuilder.

Good luck.

Try out P90x....I've heard such good things about it..and at your weight you would be perfect for the 90 day challenge!!
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome Erin! :happy: Good luck on your fitness goals! :drinker:
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome to MFP!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou: