Digestive issues with protein

Options
2»

Replies

• 247momma
    247momma Posts: 14
    Options
    I have suffered from constipation with an increase in protein. I ended up adding colostrum to my long list of other supplements and within a few days it really started to help. I used Symbiotics Colostrum Plus. I suggest starting slowly because too much too soon can cause bad die off. Once I felt like my pipes were clean (sorry to be so graphic) I backed off a little and now things are fairly regular.

Wow, I've never heard of colostrum before as a supplement. How did you come to try this? Thanks for the tip.

Colostrum is nature's natural immune builder. It's what we all got when we were first breast fed and what science attempts to duplicate in baby formula. Constipation can also be an indication that your body is fighting something in your intestine so this should help to fix what ever might be going on there. It was suggested to me by a friend in combination with a digestive enzyme,(Digestive Gold, I think) and a probiotic (Align) and it really seemed to help clear the problem up. I was taking the digestive enzyme and the probiotic together first and still had a problem, but added in the colostrum and that did the trick. Just start slowly and only add one capsule a day until you start seeing some relief. Again too much too fast can lead to die off or have you parked on the toilet for the day. Good luck. I really hope it helps!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You need to lubricate your protein with some fat...coincidentally, in nature, fat and protein always seem to be together at least in animal sources.

How much fat are you getting each day?

Minimum fat should be roughly 40g/day, protein should not exceed 1g/lb bodyweight/day
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You need to lubricate your protein with some fat...coincidentally, in nature, fat and protein always seem to be together at least in animal sources. Vegetarianism for digestive issues? That's would make things much worse (IBS is common in vegans), humans aren't physically designed to handle only roughage.

How much fat are you getting each day?

good point! I noticed after I started adding in things like avocados, fish oil, peanut butter, etc. that seemed to help too ;)