Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

still a fat girl

Why is it that after losing almost 100 pounds I still have to be a fat girl :( I want to look good in bathing suits and shorts already. Anyone else tired of working so hard and never feeling like you will truly reach your goals and be fit?

Replies

• Srmmelson
    Srmmelson Posts: 31
    I have been looking through my pictures of my past and have thought about how happy I would be if I had the same body from back then. I also look at pictures before I lost the weight that I did and that's when I finally start to see a difference, although when I look in the mirror I still see the same person. Getting in shape and getting healthy is really frustrating because I always see people losing a ton of weight, or keeping the weight off by not doing what I consider to be enough.

100 lbs is a lot of really hard work! I'm only at like 13 lbs, and I feel like I've really had to push to get to where I am now. You look great, and sometimes we are the last people to see that. You have come a long way, and although I don't know you at all, I would say that you should take some time to be happy with what you have accomplished, and then set goals to get to the next spot that you want to get to.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I think if you read a few posts people who have lost 100lbs make, the mind seems to take longer to catch up to the body. Other people see the changes in your more easily than you see them in yourself. You know?

Try looking at pictures when you were 100lbs heavier, and then a picture of you now. It really helps to see them side by side.
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    I know exactly how you feel. I can see a difference from where i was, especially when I look at old photos. But when I look in the mirror, all I can see is how far I still have to go. It is frustrating to have worked so hard for so long but have the final results still out of reach. But I will get there and if you keep at it so will you.

If you haven't gotten into strength training I highly suggest it. It has helped me see more definition which will improve my chances of looking good in a bikini soon!