Jillian Michael 30 ds

Options
I want to start JM 30 day shred work out. Before buying the dvd can somedoby tell me a bit about it ? I keep hearing level 1, level 2, is it 30day level 1 and 30 day level 2? or is it a multiple level workout within the 30 day?
I've seen people posting amazing results, so I'm excited to get started..

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    30 DS is awesome. Has 3 different levels. I did each level for 10 days. You will need a beach towel or mat and a set of hand weights. ( had 5 and 8 pounders handy). It only takes about 25 min including warm up and cool down.

I am doing Ripped in 30 now level 3. Love it.

Enjoy and good luck.

P.s. lost several inches
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's 10 days for each level(3 levels) EVERYDAY for 30 days. Do it - I did! Great jump start to weight loss!
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love the 30 day shred. 3 levels each 20 minutes long - you can do each level as long as you want too, if level one gets to easy move to level 2.

It is a great workout.
  • nmmoore1979
    nmmoore1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you happen to have FiOS TV you might be able to get at least level 1 on demand. Try searching "health" or somthing like that. I get all kinds of workouts for free through my TV.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the levels but I'm going to get it tonight! I heard it's pretty tough.
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    its split into 3 parts- level 1, level 2, & level 3.
    you do each level for ten days, so 10 days for level 1, 10 days for level 2, and 10 days for level 3.
    which adds up to 30 days! :) its awesome btw, the first day killed me :P
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    it is 3 levels in one dvd you stay at each level for 10 days or as long as your comfortable. i'm restarting it now. The result are usually pretty good not weight loss but inches. you can add me if you want some support.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    there are 3 levels, and you do each for 10 days. It worked great for me, though I didn't finish due to a knee injury. But the first weeks I lost 3.5 pounds and like 6 inches if I remember right. It is worth it. And the workouts are only around 20 minutes. Good luck!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes, the dvd includes on it a choice of workouts. Level 1, 2, or 3 each being 25-30 minutes long. You are supposed to essentially do each level for 10 days then move to next but level but each person is different. Within each level there are modifications to the moves to make them a bit less intense or more challenging...whatever your fancy. It's a great workout and for the price it can't be beat!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    its 10 days of each level, 3 or 5lb weights to start, good sneakers

you will be sore the first few days but def. worth it ... you will loose inches
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    its 10 days level one, then 10 days on level 2, then 10 days level 3 . its a great work out.........
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's one dvd you do it for 30 days - most people do 10 days at level 1 then 10 days at level 2 and the final 10 days at level 3. If you're like me you take a rest day so it may run longer than 30 days (I count the days I workout). Each level is then divided into 3 levels or circuits each with weights/strength, cardio then abs. Start with a warm up and end with a cool down. Good workout for 20 minutes if you're pressed for time.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    You spend 10 days on each level. Some people stay on each level longer. Listen to your body and move to the next level when you are ready. It isn't 30 consecutive days. You can take rest days as you need to. I jog some days instead or take a complete rest day.
    The levels are 20 minutes long. They will kick your butt! But in a good way. The first few days you are going to be SO sore, but by day 5 or 6 you notice a big difference in your endurance and ability.
    I'm on level 2 and the 3rd day of that level.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I hope I can do this, I haven't exercise for so long and now I get out of breath really fast. So probably will have to do level 1 for a little more than 10 days before moving to the next level
  • susanna060408
    susanna060408 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing and fast work out of about 25 minutes. You do each level for 10 days (so 30 days total), but you definitely should take days off as needed. I started on 3/22 and finished on 4/30 and lost 8.5 lbs and 11 inches. I could not recommend it more highly. Love the results I got, especially in my stomach and I can actually feel my arm muscles now! :)
  • fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week. My thighs were sore from the squats but it gets better. It's worth the money i only paid $9 at target.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm on second round of 30DS and have increased my hand weights. I wish I would have measured before starting it the first time. I know I lost a bunch of inches! It definitely gets results!

I did each level 10 days but others I know did less or more. Move on when you are ready. Even Jillian says the name "30 Day Shred" was invented by a marketing group. It is not necessarily meant to only be used for 30 days.

Happy Shredding!
  • squirrelygirl82
    Options
    There are 3 levels, you start at level 1, and she tells you to increase to level 2 when you are comfortable doing so. I'd assume around 10 days, you move up, therefore giving you 30 days at the end of the DVD. I just started it yesterday, so I don't know tons about it. It's a workout, but it feels good once you are done for the day!
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout. Make sure that you take measurements before you start. I actually put on weight with Level 1, but had still lost inches.

Level 1 is on youtube if you want to have a look at it.

Good luck x
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout. Make sure that you take measurements before you start. I actually put on weight with Level 1, but had still lost inches.

Level 1 is on youtube if you want to have a look at it.

Good luck x

Yes I found it on youtube. I started last night, this is a killer work out I feel so sore today