SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! July 5

Options
Just about to get dressed for the gym. It was supposed to be Bikram today, but I'm adapting due to my special lady time.:wink:

Went way (I mean WAY) over on my calories yesterday. No "bad food" but I was starving, so I essentially ate two extra meals to the tune of 850 "extra" calories. Oops.

Ah well,

Elliptical Boogaloo!

Take care.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hey V,
    Kind of quiet around here. Where did everybody go?
    Not much happening here today. Day 2 of my visitor, which means a nothing day. I should have started my diet today but I didn't have anything made for breakfast yet again. Tomorrow I will start for sure. The wheat isn't going to be so bad for me I don't think The sweet are going to turn me into a :devil: . I'm not looking forward to it, I don't want to do it, but I am telling myself it is absolutely necessary.
    Strangely enough, my jeans fit this morning. Ha! I prayed about it before I put them on. :wink:
    I may go run in the morning if I am feeling well enough. The only exercise I will be getting today is swatting at a mosquito that is determined to eat me. :grumble:
    I hope everyone had a great 4th. I did. Did I eat healthy? No. Do I care? Not really. :laugh:
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Cooler weather boogaloo!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. We actually had a pretty relaxed 4th - hung out with friends on Friday (homemade pizza and key lime pie - not great for me, but very tasty!), and then yesterday went out for a fun, windy and muddy hike. Today I pulled some weeds for a while, and then I started freaking out because my arms were getting itchy and rashy. I'm super paranoid about poison ivy, but I looked it up and I wouldn't have a reaction to that for 12-48 hours - so it's probably just a sensitivity to some of the scratchy stuff I was pulling up. I'm going to make some peanut butter cookies in a little while - probably not the best idea, but I haven't made them in forever and wanted to try it again. I'll take extras to work tomorrow or something.

I think I am going to cut out diet soda completely for a while. I feel like I crave more sugar and junk food when I have it than when I don't - and it's not like it's that good anyway. And this week I'll finally get back in to my workout routine after guests, birthday, vacation, and more guests. I think I've gained 3-5 pounds since May and that's just silly. My eating has been bad (mostly just eating too much, but also more junk has been slipping in), and I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I was before.

MM, I sympathize with you on breakfasts. If I couldn't do yogurt or cereal or fruit, that would be tough. Hubby likes eggs, but I can only tolerate them occasionally. You might give steel-cut oats a try if you don't like regular oatmeal - I like the texture so much better. My mom always hated oatmeal, but likes steel-cut oats pretty well. Of course, you might not want a hot breakfast in the summer! :wink:

Sunshine (finally!) boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just popping my head in to say I hope you had a great 4th of July. I've been at my mom's visiting and doing everything around the house she can't anymore. I haven't paid attention to my diet so tomorrow I get on the scale. I know I will be disappointed in myself but I can only focus on one thing at a time right now, Mom and her health. I will try to pop in from time to time to see what you are all up to. Take care, Karen
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Good to see you again Karen! We miss you! :flowerforyou:
    I'll see if I can get brave enough to try the Steel cut oats CP.
    I did like two new recipes I made tonight for the new diet. Cajun Chicken Pasta (rice pasta) and Itallian Skillet Bread (Alex's GFCF bread mix. Didn't have what I needed so it did have sugar in it but I will make it right next time!) Even DH went back for seconds and is looking forward to taking some to work tomorrow! :bigsmile:
    Bed time now. I'll probably run in the morning if it's not raining. I will welcome the rain though!
    MM