Birthday help!!

Options
katieklg
katieklg Posts: 38 Member
Ok, tomorrow is my birthday and I need suggestions for what to have instead of all the cake and ice cream! Anyone have any great recipes for "treats" that taste good so I don't feel like I'm missing out??

Replies

• majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My birthday was last Sunday, and I looked forward to having some cake and ice cream...and I ate some of both. I did go over my calories for the day, because I also had my book club over for appetizers earlier in the day. But I had been under all of the days of the previous week, so for the week I was still under--and it was my BIRTHDAY! It was my first day to go over in over 35 days of logging, but I logged it and picked right back up the next day...plus I didn't gain an ounce and got to enjoy the day.
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Mrsdaffy2 Posts: 91
    Options
    Angel Food Cake

With virtually no fat and only 130 calories per slice, angel food cake is your go to birthday treat. It’s easier than you think to make it, so give it a try. Or try a store bought version for an easy fix. Thaw a bag of mixed berries or buy some delicious fresh berries to top the cake. For an extra delicious treat, drizzle the cake with some melted dark chocolate–no need to smother it in frosting when a little dark chocolate will snag you some antioxidants and look sophisticated.

Have a great Birthday!! =D
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i like mrsdaffys idea, its alot like what I was going to say..

I make an angel food cake dessert that is my boyfriends favorite ever.

it makes a BIG pan, but here it goes:

2 pints strawberries
    2 tubs sugar free strawberry glaze
    2 tubs cool whip free
    1 store bought angel food cake ring

its just like a trifle. On the bottom, later broken or cut up pieces of angel food cake, then the whipped cream, then the strawberries (chopped) mixed with the glaze. I havent put it into the calorie counter because I always make his with full fat and sugar....but i can tell you it cannot be that bad! and its really good
  • hayleys_19
    hayleys_19 Posts: 5
    Options
    Mix 1 cake mix with 1 diet soda. Bake as directed, being careful not to over bake. Top with coolwhip and sprinkles! Turns out so fudgy even your none dieter friends will notice a difference!

(chocolate cake + diet coke, vanilla + diet sprit just to name a few)