Does it matter???

KITTYKITTYBUTTER
KITTYKITTYBUTTER Posts: 42
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I've heard a lot of different thoughts on this but does it really matter when you exercise? I mean as long as you get it done isn't that what matters?

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    There are about a billion different opinions on this. . .

but IMHO, the best time to exercise is what works for you. And, you're right. . .the most important thing is to just do it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    My thoughts:

Tis better to exercise at ANY time than to not exercise at all!!

I know that exercise raises your metabolism. If you can do a great workout first thing in the morning, you will burn more cals through out the day.

BUT if you are like me and can barely break a sweat at 6 am.......you are better off working out at night and kicking butt!!

So the best time to do exercise is when you will DO the exercise!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I think ideally it's best to work-out in the am....that way you have no excuses, get your work-out finished before anything can interfere, jump start your metabolism and burn more cals through out the day
    HOWEVER, I agree with the other posters it's best to work out when it is convenient for you rather that not at all
    Most of us have families, kids and work to juggle....
    I alternate working out in the am or pm depending on my schedule for that day etc

Good luck
    :flowerforyou:

Kim
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Stick to a schedule that works for YOU. The important thing is that you exercise every day. I just decide what works into my schedule. Some days it is is the morning, others in the evening. Once you get in a routine, it gets easy, it is just another thing you do!:wink::wink:
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    I agree with most of the people who have responded. Work out when it's best for you. I think I feel differently depending on the time of day. For instance, I just finished 9-9:50 am spin class and I feel great. I usually don't feel this energized when I do 5:45pm spin, but like the others said... working out is better than not.

Have fun with it!!
  • Pneko
    Pneko Posts: 9
    I was told to do it really early in the morning. That last about a week before I started just sleeping at 6am lol. I have found that is best to work out when it works best for you. Exercise is a suppose to be part of you life not the other way around.
This discussion has been closed.