Nothing seems to be working here...

Options
2»

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Exercise more.

But make sure you also eat enough for your body. Too many people think "Eat less" and believe they should eat some silly low number of calories. Most people do NOT have to drop their calories to 1200-1300 (or less).
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the right stuff going on. You're exercising. You are eating fairly clean. You have the right frame of mind.

You're definitely not eating enough based on what you've said. But you are going to address that.

I really think you need to log as accurately as possible. Weigh and measure your food to get an accurate count. Use and HRM to get an accurate count of exercise burn. Log it all for a few weeks and see how you are sitting. You might see something that you haven't up until now.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would suggest increasing your calories which sounds backwards but you need a minimum of 1200 calories per day (on average) to avoid starvation mode. Yesterday you were only at 900 something, just a thought! :)
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You have to log log log. Every single thing that you eat. It doesn't matter if you're eating the same things over and over again....log to see if a pattern is developing. Many times I think I may have a day completely in control until I start to enter foods into my log and realize I'm eating much more than I thought. Plus...you said you have a handle on what you're eating that is why you're not logging consistently....Well I have to disagree because obviously something is not working!!!!!!

1 - log EVERYTHING

^^Log everything.

You say you've been gaining 10 lbs a year for the past few years. That equates to eating 96 calories per day above your maintenance and over what you burn through exercise daily. Those calories add up. Make sure you log everything.